Re: Lumia 928 with Verizon or Lumia 1020 with AT&T? Deciding...
chodi
Enthusiast - Level 3

wow... so indirectly you are calling those of us that like the phone and os liars?  every piece of software has bugs, that include ms, ios and android.  out of the three i can tell you ms is not the worst, by far.  but i am not going to play your game of bashing others

sounds more to me that you had a personal problem with something related to this or your an apple or android fan.  why dont you do all of us a favor, if you dont like it, then dont like it, do not drag us down with your disgust.  go into your apple or droid groups and gloat.

0 Likes
june1234
Enthusiast - Level 3

What I am telling you is there is someone who recentlyposted  under this very thread Im pretty sure that the Lumia was the highest or top rated rated VZ phone. I just spoke to VZ they have no such rating system in place nor do they publish any such list rating any of their phones. I did use the 928 for 30 days based primarily on what I am now satisfied were fictitious reviews posted on sites like AMZN. YELP just announced some BIG lawsuits vs groups posting glowing product reviews on their sites. I'm sure they looked at pros and cons very carefully before deciding on such action.

0 Likes
june1234
Enthusiast - Level 3

PS 2. Just spoke to VZ. VZ does not rate their phones nor does it offer or post  any ratings list for their phones. However YELP did recently file some BIG lawsuits vs groups for posting fictitious positive reviews on their site( which I'm satisfied most 928 product reviews are). Enjoy your phone

0 Likes
primortal
Master - Level 1

Gee that's funny, VZW lied...

If you look at the product page for the 928 (http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/store/controller?item=phoneFirst&action=viewPhoneDetail&selectedP...) and click on the review tab, and look there is a rating and reviews....

A 4.5 (out of 5) rating by 398 customers.

ratings.png

0 Likes
Geebox
Contributor - Level 3

Lol, as Primortal just posted, the Verizon rating is real whether you or anyone else likes it. There are other web sites besides Amazon and Verizon that also show the high rate of this phone. Again though your experience is real for you it does not reflect the MAJORITY of the 928 owners. If I had your phone, I may have experienced the same thing, it doesn't mean everyone else has the same issue. If you had my phone you would not be posting as you are, as my phone has not had a problem. Having worked in the tech field and with various hardware, I can tell you with certainty that any electronic device including the Iphone has an expected failure and return rate, especially the first Generation or 1st Model. The point I'm making is; there is and will continue to be problems with new devices that generally does not reflect the entire batch of devices. You just plainly got a couple of bad phones period. Because of that you should only relate your experience and not try and find stuff to support a campaign against this device that has been proven to be more reliable that your unfortunate experience.

Just saying..... 

0 Likes
Customer1234567
Contributor - Level 1

Yea, ther 928 is a very nice phone with a nice camera, WHEN IT WORKS GOOD. You can go over to WPcentral.com, and see the posts. The 928 is a very buggy phone (Number one issue for me is the screen stops reponding and needing a reboot to fix and I am not the only one with this issue). I had a HTC 8X for 4 months before I got the 928 and NEVER had any issues with the 8X, solid as a rock, it's not Windows Phone, it's the 928 with the issues.

If AT&T has good coverage where you live, I would say go for it, make the change, you wont regret it. AT&T sells their phones as they come from the factory, Not like Verizon who disables features on phones because they FEEL like it, like the 928's FM radio. The hardware supports it, It's Verizon who said not to enable it...

I have had 6 Verizon phones over the years that Verizon decided to disable features that were offered from the factory with those models. I hate paying the money we pay for these devices and not get all the features WE SHOULD BE GETTING.

I thought about a lawsuit against Verizon and talking to my legal rep, I could sue for about $12,000(for the cost of all the phones and effort trying to call about these issues) for the difference but, I would lose most of it in legal fees.

I should just so they stop disabling features on devices...

0 Likes
klucker

Nobody should go to a windows based phone if they want to do banking or like apps. I bought into all the hype from all the letters I received from verizon and also on a recommendation's from the sales staff. The promise of 1200 apps a month and everything would catch up has still not happend 9 months later I can't do my banking or other work because I can not get the aps I need. The windows phones are very easy to use but there is no apps out there to do a lot of the work other non windows phone can do.

0 Likes
Geebox
Contributor - Level 3

What banking app are you looking for? There is BofA, Wells Fargo & Chase  If the App is not on Windows Phone yet, most Banks have a mobile friendly web page that works identical to the app.

0 Likes
Geebox
Contributor - Level 3

Yeah just hold out until December. Nokia and others will be bringing some new phones to VZW. Photo leaks of the new Nokia 1080p phone are being circulated and should be announced in Nov/

0 Likes
Sandman_CA
Contributor - Level 2

What is it with all these people who want a phone with a giant camera bump on the back?

0 Likes