Re: Lumia 928 with Verizon or Lumia 1020 with AT&T? Deciding...
linda_burke

I soooo want this phone too!  I also don't want to leave Verizon.  Look what I found posted today.  If this is true, we might be able to get what we want and pretty soon! Smiley Happy

http://www.itechpost.com/articles/11366/20130903/nokia-lumia-1020-coming-verizon-september.htm

0 Likes
primortal
Master - Level 1

If true that would be sweet.  Though there is a quad-core 1080p phablet that is going to be announced on 9/25....

0 Likes
linda_burke

What is a phablet?

0 Likes
primortal
Master - Level 1

Basically its a phone that about the size of a tablet.  So the one Nokia is support to announce is a 6" phone.

0 Likes
linda_burke

Ah I see.  Phone/Tablet.  Too big for me!!

0 Likes
ANM
Enthusiast - Level 1

Do not go with the Lumia 928 through Verizon. My wife and I got that phone as our two year upgrade two months ago and have gone through six of them. They are awful and should be avoided like the plague.

>>Edited to comply with the <<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
Geebox
Contributor - Level 3

My wife had service on AT&T, guess it depends on where you are located. I live is Southern Cal and it was terrible here. Though there were some problems with individual 928 phones, the OS and the Phones is still a good and excellent phone. The reviews on here and else where reflect that. It is the highest rated phone on Verizon. Both my wife and I have the 928 and have not had one problem with it. It is also the least returned phone, Unfortunately some have got the 928s that were part of a bad batch of phones and ruined there experience. The 1020 is a good phone as well and very tempting too me also if it were not on ATT. If you have not already made a decision and if you can wait, I suggest you wait until November. I understand Nokia's new 6inch Lumia 1080p phone may be coming to VZW. Other wise I am still sold on the 928 on VZW.

0 Likes
jacheter
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you for the information. I am in no hurry, will continue with my old LG clamshell until the Nokia Lumina 1020 is avail at VZW

0 Likes
june1234
Enthusiast - Level 3

Which reviews?  the page after page after page of posts on windows mobile forums describing how buggy WP8 is? they all must have been  been part of that bad batch you mention huh?. Interesting to see that many given the Lumia represents only  5% of a windows platform that in turn is about 3% of the entire mobile space. Then again YELP just announced BIG lawsuits vs various groups for posting bogus positive reviews on good and services which I'm satisfied most product reviews on sites like AMZN are these days, pure fiction  My favorite reviews are the glowing ones on this site for phones that are still in pre-order mode, post after post how wonderful that phone is. that one is funny

0 Likes
june1234
Enthusiast - Level 3

PS. Why has  VZ been selling its "highest rated" flagship 928 phone for free(with 2 yr agreement) less than 3 months after introducing it?

0 Likes