Lumia 929 (now "Icon") moved to January
AtomicInternet
Contributor - Level 1

Looks like the latest rumor is 3rd week of Jan 2014, and it will now be called "Icon" because marketing.

http://wmpoweruser.com/nokia-lumia-929-may-be-announced-in-the-3rd-week-of-2014-get-a-new-name/

So far I've been teased with Nov 21st, then "mid to late December" and now "3rd week of Jan"  I really hope this latest delay allows for some colors other than black and white.  I'm also not sure why Verizon loves the blocky edges so much, but if it has the Snapdragon 800, 2150mAh battery and a 1080p screen as rumored I'm in.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
73 Replies
DC4000
Contributor - Level 1

*Knock Knock* Anyone home Verizon? Wake up Verizon. Verizon, are you there?

Verizon delays Windows Lumia Icon until Feb 20th 2014, when it was rumored in October 2013? Well, 6 months late is better that never... right? Oh, that's right - new Windows phones will be announced later this month. Well, just release this phone as obsolete. 6 months in the mobile world is a long time Verizon.

"Hey pal, it was just a rumor in October. Verizon made no annoucement". I'm not your pal, buddy, but it was supposed to be a 1520 fighter which was released in October.

Someone call all of Verizon's corporate employees back from vacation. There are new phones and updates to be released. Verizon is getting as stale and flavorless as a month old unsalted cracker. 

"Lets build a giant network and then, stay here and walk around in circles for a while".

It's gotten to the point that waiting for Christmas is nothing compared to waiting on Verizon. Christmas came and went over a month ago.

0 Likes
DC4000
Contributor - Level 1

Even the copyright on this page says 2013.

0 Likes
MadDogFL62
Contributor - Level 2

As of this morning, Microsoft Retail Stores taking $50 pre order for Lumia Icon.  Tried to pre order online and over the phone with Microsoft Store, however, they are not handling the pre orders yet (possibly later today or tomorrow).  For now, you must go to the retail store to pre order.  Phone to be released on the 20th.

0 Likes
MadDogFL62
Contributor - Level 2

BTW - Pre Order $$$ is only $25 and not $50.  No orders over the phone.  Must be done live at retail store.  You have to pick your color when you pre order. Some wild colors to choose from too!

Black - or - White. 

0 Likes
justnina

Is this just for Microsoft stores or also Verizon stores?

0 Likes
primortal
Master - Level 1

justnina wrote:

You can try; but most likely they will strong arm you into buying an andriod device instead.  I think you'll have to wait till at least the official announcement from VZW before you try a store.

0 Likes
primortal
Master - Level 1

BGR has a review of the phone, http://bgr.com/2014/02/12/nokia-lumia-icon-review-part-1-verizon/

As per the article, $199 on contract!

0 Likes
primortal
Master - Level 1

Word of wisdom, the review on WPCentral states that Glance feature isn't available with the Icon due to "certain hardware restrictions"...

0 Likes
MadDogFL62
Contributor - Level 2

justnina wrote:

I have only been working with the Microsoft Store in Tampa, FL.  I am not sure what Verizon is doing and nothing confirmed from the Microsoft Store Online.

0 Likes
tabletman

VZW just posted this to Twitter!

http://www.verizonwireless.com/news/article/2014/02/more-is-coming.html

0 Likes
primortal
Master - Level 1

Probably about andriod devices

Can't wait till the weekend to get my MS store to pre-order the Icon.

0 Likes
primortal
Master - Level 1
0 Likes
tabletman

Nice! WPcentral tweeted that the same time you posted!

0 Likes
tabletman

Thanks for the update maddog! hoping I can get to the store tomorrow.

Stuck at a client in the sticks today.

0 Likes
justnina

The Verizon store in my area doesn't even have any windows phones up on display. I've asked about this upcoming phone and they had no clue on what I was talking about. And went and said that they're not able to really sell windows phones that they usually just get bought back by the manufacturer. How ever if you look around the store there isn't even a single windows phone on display so no one would even be able to try it out let alone know that they even sell them so of course they're not able to sell them.

0 Likes
DC4000
Contributor - Level 1

Nokia Lumia 929/Icon will be delayed until they can get the flying car control working. Just waiting on the flying car to get finished.

0 Likes
tabletman

Sounds about right. Well we'll find out soon enough!

0 Likes
David_Patow

We had flying cars, back in the 60's.  What happened to them all?  There were lots of pictures of 'em in Popular Mechanics.

0 Likes
MadDogFL62
Contributor - Level 2

I'm starting to believe that these are the same people who predict our weather here in Tampa.  Just keep guessing...

http://wmpoweruser.com/latest-rumours-point-to-the-lumia-icon-arriving-on-the-20th-february/

0 Likes
MadDogFL62
Contributor - Level 2

Now WPCentral attempts to confirm the unconfirmed.  Monkey see...

http://www.wpcentral.com/nokia-lumia-icon-verizon-february-20th

monkeyseemonkeydo.jpg

0 Likes