Re: Lumia Cyan with Windows Phone 8.1 roll-out starts today (7/15/2015)
bsites1968
Contributor - Level 2

It could be "post count" or it could be some sort of medical disorder.  I'm merely pointing it out as it amuses me.  If you go to pretty much any of the Cyan posts, you can see Elector and Tidbits always with a comeback or something when it seems people either merely want to take an opportunity to vent or see if Verizon pays attention.  The unwanted attention of these two and the creation of "arguments" seems to defeat the purpose or intention of the initial poster.  Maybe there is something that they need in the conflict that they don't get in their personal lives.  Maybe it's a need for attention.  Maybe it's an appreciation for the anonymity that gives them the freedom to bully others.  I'm not sure.  It amuses me and it's fun to point out the "spinning wheel" comments and turn that around to their myriad of posts online doing exactly the same thing that they "shake their heads in amazement" that others do.  BUT that's what the boards create.  BTW, if my post disappears, as one of my previous ones did in pointing this sort of behavior out, please understand that it isn't me, but Verizon that is doing so.

0 Likes
Re: Re: Lumia Cyan with Windows Phone 8.1 roll-out starts today (7/15/2015)
Not applicable

I am and you can go back years and read that I don't care about post scores or community leader status, or poster of the month etc. I have even been banned at one time.

My posts at times are heated, I am not here to make friends but to actually try and help.

I am also one of the few that use reasoning in my replies. I am not perfect. Sigh...

0 Likes
Not applicable

I know that statement to be accurate. But on that other side of the coin I will not be swayed the other way

Mutual respect works with me. I am not taking your right to complain away, I also don't want my right to voice my opinion to be taken away in the opposition.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Your posts get taken down by the moderators. It will never be by me since many of mine get taken down.

However they send a notification and it tell you why it was removed.

They also suspend or ban for posts that continue to attack another.

Your posts to me are harmless. So you just keep up your frivolities.

Good Afternoon!

0 Likes
Re: Re: Lumia Cyan with Windows Phone 8.1 roll-out starts today (7/15/2015)
Tidbits
Legend

Dude. Show me where for the past 6 years the supreme Court or even small claims court made any carrier liable for updates not coming. Find something from the millions on millions of FCC complaints the past 6 years. The Motorola Cliq T-Mobile said they will get an update. Based on what Motorola said. The course ruled T-Mobile wasn't liable because they didn't touch code for one. Two they said what the manufacturer said, and the manufacturer failed to deliver. Motorola was open enough to explain the delay. A driver wasn't being given by sharp for the display.

The problem... People think the updates are always finished based on other devices. It has already been established multiple times that each device although similar have their own development teams. No team will ever finish at the same time.

This is why I say try a new approach that has worked in Europe where we have failed here.

0 Likes
bsites1968
Contributor - Level 2

Frivolities...like the pointless responding to those who need to vent or complain...  See how it works?  It's an endless circle.  To stop the circle, being a grown adult who is trying to help, it might be best to ignore the Cyan complaining posts?  Just a suggestion since nobody is being helped, it has led to arguments, and it has been redundant.  I think just the venting helps the complainers a bit...  But again, merely a suggestion.  Gotta love psychology, right?

Tidbits
Legend

I am merely showing them it is not working. Try a new approach. Europe is working. They blame manufacturers and yes they have the same carrier testing. They don't have the FCC testing like we do(theirs is shorter). They do sign contracts for their phones.

I mean look you can see they have what you want. They generally always get it weeks to months before we do. At this moment I would rather do what they are doing because the last 6 years of data shows they must be doing something right while we are not.

iKnowPhones
Contributor - Level 1

As a paying customer, I disagree. Their customer service is absolutely horrible. I’m not asking for anything that is impossible, so I’m not sure how you think you can speak for all of us customers who believe they have poor service.

Also I know that companies do not disclose information all of the time, that doesn’t mean it’s the right thing to do. You guys seem hung up on what they are obligated to do and not do when I’m well aware of what they obligated to provide. Companies do not always follow what they are obligated to do, they do what is best for their company.

As I’ve mentioned before, other carriers have already acknowledged the update exists, Verizon (and Sprint maybe) are the only carriers that have not acknowledged the update exists. So what you’re saying about carriers acknowledging updates is bullshit. We all know they are going to release Cyan eventually, so there is absolutely no point in keeping it a secret. It can only benefit them to be more transparent with their customers, at least with matters like this. I’m not really sure why you refuse to see that communicating to the customers would only benefit the company in the end. You’re so focused on pushing the fact that they “don’t have to” do anything that you’re missing the point we’re all trying to make.

As for your question, I think it’s odd (and sad) that you’re basically fabricating our reactions and the outcome before even receiving an answer. I would be happier if they just came out and said they weren’t sending out any updates, I honestly would be. I would also express how fucking stupid of a move that would be. However after expressing my opinion on their plans, I would wait out my two years and go to a different carrier. I wouldn’t try to push or fight a company, that’s just stupid. Instead I would speak with my wallet and just drop them entirely. At least if I knew they weren’t supporting our phones, I would have a better idea of how to go forward.

I have gotten and understood every word of every one of your posts. It’s YOU who has clung onto your repetitive point on how they aren’t obligated to do anything. I understand that, most of us understands that. We are just asking for some kind of update. Not a confirmed date, not a theoretical date, not even a date at all, just some kind of update. What part of that do YOU not understand? It’s pretty fucking disgusting that you would side with the company when you don’t even understand the points your arguing against.

0 Likes
bsites1968
Contributor - Level 2

Is it truly "showing them it's not working" or merely breaking down into useless banter for both parties?  If you read "Men Are From Mars, Women Are From Venus", you can use an analogy from there as to relating to women.  While men want to solve the problems a woman brings up, she is fully capable of solving them herself (in most cases) but just needs to vent and someone to merely listen.  The same can be said with those complaining here.  It's not that they are looking for a "peer" to provide an answer or engage them, but either a direct response from Verizon that helps or merely to vent.  Telling them their complaining isn't "working" invalidates their feelings (more psychology) and doesn't assist the person doing the complaining.  Don't ya love psychology?

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Theres already information the update exists... What is the point in regurgation. Nokia points to the update existing.

AT&T didn't say a word about the update either regardless If their devices were first to be updated. So to be fair here. If the updated were not out for them They would be on the same boat. Their reps would say go here for more information.

I am going to follow Europe's model and push it. There's more than enough evidence they are doing something right.

0 Likes