Lumina 928 - bluetooth turning itself off
lhochman

Have a Lumina 928.  I routinely try to connect to a bluetooth device (SYNC system in my Ford Edge) and when it does not connect the issue is always that bluetooth is turned off and I need to turn it on again.

Am I missing a setting that turns off bluetooth after a period of inactivity.  I would like it on all the time so when I get in the car it just connects with no intervention on my part.

Thanks,

Larry in Virginia

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Lumina 928 - bluetooth turning itself off
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

lhochman

We absolutely want your bluetooth to work in your car. Do you have other devices that you use bluetooth with other than the car? Do you constantly have to reconnect bluetooth with other devices?

Sheritah_vzw

Follow us on Twitter

@VZWSupport

0 Likes
lhochman

Maybe I need to explain better. 

The issue is not the connection to the car (or any other device).

The issue is the phone itself and the bluetooth setting.  It randomly turns itself off.

I can go to settings and turn the bluetooth on, put the phone down, come back a few hours later and the bluetooth will likely be off (but not always).

I can also power down the phone (while the bluetooth is turned on) and the power back up, and the bluetooth is typically off (but not always).

The most frustrating part is nothing happens consistently - but at some point every day I can look at the phone and the bluetooth is off and needs to be turned on manually.

Larry

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That is definitely strange Ihochman. Do you notice if it is a consistent time frame linked with the bluetooth shutoff? Have you checked to see if battery saver is enabled? There may be some options there that may be synced with bluetooth, and causing the service to shut off after so long.

NicandroN_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes