MANGO IS ROLLING OUT!
hopmedic
Contributor - Level 3

http://windowsteamblog.com/windows_phone/b/windowsphone/archive/2011/09/27/windows-phone-7-5-mango-u...

http://mango.microsoft.com/windowsphone/en-us/features/update-schedule-usa.aspx

I have not gotten notice of the update yet, but it says Verizon is delivering.  If you get notice of the update, let us know!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: MANGO IS ROLLING OUT!
Forjo

I received no notice on my phone, but Zune stated an update was available. Sadly, it was just 7392 (which I've installed). Refreshing the update screen only results in a message stating that the phone is up to date.

On various news sites people are reporting this, but no one that I've read has actually gotten Mango yet.

-Forjo

0 Likes
hopmedic
Contributor - Level 3

*I* HAVE received the Mango update.  I would not have posted it if it were not true.  My phone is now running OS 7.10.7720.68 and firmware 2305.13.20104.605.  There were two updates beyond 7392, I received Mango and a firmware update from HTC.

Keep in mind that the rollout will be done in waves, and not everyone will get it at the same time.  This was known in advance.  The point is that 1) Mango is rolling out, and 2) Verizon rolled it out on the same day that every other US carrier did.

0 Likes
Forjo

I'm happy for you -- you're the first I've read.

So you got both of these today?  Your signature says that you're a developer. Are you running a standard non-developer phone?

-Forjo

0 Likes
hopmedic
Contributor - Level 3

I'm running a standard Trophy, which I waited for along with everyone else, until Verzon launched it on May 26 (I got mine the next day).  Prior to that, I had run a Sprint Arrive, and an ATT Samsung Focus, all of which came through consumer channels.  I was running Mango developer bits on my Trophy, but yes, today, I have received both updates.  I am currently updating my wife's non-developer Trophy as well, which also came through consumer channels.

0 Likes
Forjo

Well, maybe you're just in the lucky 10%. Either way, looks like I have to wait.

-Forjo

0 Likes
thejester77
Contributor - Level 1

Confirmed... Mango official released for Verizon Wireless today...

Update took about 20 mins, upgraded from Mango 7.10.7720.68... no problems on update or installation of update.

Might take up to an hour from the pre-installed ROM that came with your Trophy...

Verizon, I would like to say that you made us Windows Phone 7 users happy today by showing us that you are not going to sit back and watch other carriers update first.  Unlike the release of the Trophy to begin with, that was almost a year late; you hopefully will prove worthiness to us by releasing Mango today and hopefully you will be announcing a new Windows Phone 7 with Mango (Titan or Radar)!!!

Thank you once again for releasing this today and not a year from now!!!

TheJester77

:smileyhappy: :smileyhappy: :smileyhappy:

0 Likes
SmoothDouglas
Enthusiast - Level 2

Not Rolling Out here :smileysurprised:(

I checked over lunch and it said I had an update....but NOT mango.  It was 7.0.7392.0.

An Internet Explorer Security Update.  Took 45 minutes to backup my Trophy and update it....UGH!!

I guess I'll just keep on checking from time to time.  I checked around 4PM CST and nothing on Zune or my phone states I have an update waiting to give me Mango AWESOMENESS!!

0 Likes
hopmedic
Contributor - Level 3

Well, I thought my wife's was updating but it only got 7392.  I didn't have time before she had to leave to try the trick to force it, but I will Thursday or Friday.

0 Likes
StevieD123

I received a message this morning that an update was available as you all did. I thought it was Mango but after updating I only got the 7392 update too. I checked for updates again and it said my phone was up to date and gave me the option to rollback if the update wasn't working. I checked a few times and no luck. Then I saw a suggestion to restart Zune and disconnect from the internet when you click the update option. I did just that (Zune>Settings>Phone>Update>immediately disconnected my internet cable>voila) and the 7403 update popped up this time. I reconnected the internet and it started to install. After running through all 10 steps to install the 7403 update, then the 7.1.7720 started to download. This update took much longer than the previous two (7392 and 7403)...maybe about 30min. There you go, Mango!

0 Likes