MISSING VOICE MAIL NOTIFICATIONS
RichA720

I have the Trophy current with mango, etc. Usually when I receive a voice mail that I don't immediately answer, it shows as a number 1 (or 2 etc) on the Verizon red tile on the home screen. However, if I make a call while still ignoring the voice mail, the notification on the red tile disappears. Also, if my phone is off and a voice mail comes in, I sometimes receive a notification on the red tile but other times I do not. Help - this is driving me crazy.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: MISSING VOICE MAIL NOTIFICATIONS
bc3tech
Contributor - Level 2

RichA720 wrote:

I have the Trophy current with mango, etc. Usually when I receive a voice mail that I don't immediately answer, it shows as a number 1 (or 2 etc) on the Verizon red tile on the home screen. However, if I make a call while still ignoring the voice mail, the notification on the red tile disappears. Also, if my phone is off and a voice mail comes in, I sometimes receive a notification on the red tile but other times I do not. Help - this is driving me crazy.

The indicators disappear when you load the app that they're associated with. For instance, if you see "4" on your e-mail tile, all you have to do to make that "4" go away is launch e-mail and come back to the start screen; you don't even have to read them.

The same holds true for the voice mail indicator. If you simply launch the phone app, the indicator will go away. Likewise, if the app is running while you receive a voice mail, the indicator will not register because you're already in the app so it figured you've already seen and/or had the opportunity to check it.

Nothing's going "wrong" w/ your phone, this is just the way the OS works. If you have a suggestion on how to better handle this, I'd head on over to http://windowsphone.uservoice.com and put your idea up on the board or find one that is what you're looking for and "upvote" it - Microsoft is actively polling these venues and taking in to account the most popular ideas for their next update to the OS.

0 Likes
KinquanaH_VZW
VZ Employee Emeritus

RichA720, your issue would upset me also. Knowing when you have a voicemail is very important. I recommend checking your voice mail notification settings on the phone. I have listed some steps below to check the notification on your phoen via the settings and how to check the notification via your voice mail.

Steps to check your notificaitons:

1. From the Start screen, select the right arrow (located in the upper-right).
  2. Select Settings. 
  3. Select ringtones+sounds. 

4. From the Ringer section, select the On / Off switch. 

On 
    Ringer is enabled. 
    Off 
    Ringer is disabled.

5. From the Vibrate section, select the On / Off switch. 

On 
    Vibrate is enabled. 
    Off 
    Vibrate is disabled.
  6. Select the drop down menu for any of the following sections then select the desired ringtone / alert: 

Ringtone

New text or IM

New voicemail

New email

7.   From the Play a sound for section, select any of the following:
    Note Enabled when a check mark is present. 

• Reminders 

• Key press

• Lock and unlock

• Camera shutter

• All other notifications

Additionally, You can also check your voice mail notification option with the steps below:

Dial *86, send & enter your password> Choose option #4 -Personal Options> Choose option #1-Notification On/Off

If you continue to have issues with your voice mail notification we will need to speak with you to review your account.

KH_VZW

0 Likes
pf1004

This is very helpful.  I've searched online and found that the HTC Trophy does have the voice mail indicator (see first link below for reference).

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsphone/en-us/howto/wp7/start/check-my-voicemail.aspx

However, it is a carrier choice to activate it.  Link is below for reference.  Does anyone know if Verizon is considering this in the future?

http://www.wpcentral.com/tethering-hidden-ssid-and-visual-voice-mail-where-art-thou

0 Likes
Not applicable

Hello pf10044, the HTC Trophy uses the standard voicemail system and has a voicemail indicator. After you show the notification at the top of your screen, you will show the number of voicemails and a voicemail icon (similar to a cassette tape) on the Verizon Wireless phone icon. After you make another call, the number of voicemails will no longer show, but the voicemail icon will still show until you listen to the messages.

If you are not receiving an indicator at all, please call your voicemail, choose option 4 for you personalized options and follow the prompts to insure your voicemail notification is turned on (this feature is only available on some voicemail platforms).

MarquiaF_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
alee001
Enthusiast - Level 2

The voicemail number does not disappear for me unless I delete the voicemail.  Now, if you don't see the o_o indicator with a small number above it in the phone tile, that means you didn't get a voicemail.  The large number beside the phone just means you missed a call.  To see what calls you missed, they are highlighted once you touch the phone tile - it doesn't matter if you go back to the start screen.  You can always go back to the phone tile and find missed calls.

0 Likes
pf1004

Thanks MarquiaF_VZW & alee001 for your comments.  By the way, alee001, I like the symbol you used (o_o).  Since posting my question, I had been in contact with some VZW techs.  I was advised to go to a 'direct' store (I went to two).  After several checks, the outcome basically is that unfortunately, it is a lemon phone.  Bummer.  I do love it and it would be perfect if the indicator worked on this particular one that I got. VZW suggested that I can exchange it for a certified pre-owned HTC trophy.  I decided that I can work around this for now and just wait until my next upgrade.  Thanks again!!

0 Likes
pf1004

Thank you!  Please see my comment to alee001.

0 Likes