MMS Problems!!
Salem1208

Just received my Windows 8 928 phone last week and I am unable to send picture messages. At first it said "Can't send message" and now it say's nothing but the picture message is not being sent or received. Please, can anyone help me with an idea or solution to what is wrong. The phone was a gift to my Wife and man is she upset about this!!!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: MMS Problems!!
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Was the cellular data connection turned on and active?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Salem1208

Yes the data is and was operating...I even tried a number of fix its that had been previously posted still no luck. I guess it will be to the Verizon store next. Sad because she really loves the phone.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Call customer service and ask them to reset your text and picture messaging feature from the server side. You will need to call in from a different phone then the one with the issue. Make sure to have them send a test message to your phone and you can send one out and both are successful before disconnecting the call.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Salem1208, we want you to have a happy life with a happy wife! I'm here to help make this happen. Try deleting all unwanted text messaging conversations on her device and power it off/on to soft reset. If she has downloaded any 3rd party text messaging applications, please delete it. Additionally, you will also need to turn off WiFi and connect to our network. I trust that this will resolve your issue. Keep us posted.

LasinaH_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
seacreature
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have an HTC 8X and am experiencing the "can't send text msg" error. This began around the time of the recent software update, Aug/Sept. Must be a Window's software issue. Found on another forum that a software patch for issue is being released in a few weeks.

0 Likes
dkbrnhair

i just got my phone as well. I called customer service and she tried to help, i still could not share pics.  So she suggested i go to the store to get additional help which i didnt want to do, i wanted to play with my New phone. took a bit till i went to this site. I read a few and the first thing i did was shut down and turned phone back on again. Wow it worked.  Too bad we have to find our own resolve issues.

0 Likes
P_B_

I am also having this problem. After searching online it looks like a LOT of people have this problem, but only with the Verizon-Windows combination and each blame each other. This is extremely irritating. I love the windows phone interface, so I may just switch carriers. What a pain.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@P_B_,

I definitely don't want to see you go! Please provide details regarding the issues you are having with MMS and your Nokia 928. I'm confident we can get this all straighten out and stay together.

JohnB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes