Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: Early next week, we’ll be merging the current Fios and Wireless Communities into the all new Verizon Community! Beginning the evening of Sunday 12/4, both Communities will be placed in read-only mode. You’ll still be able to visit the Communities and browse content, but login will be disabled. On the afternoon of Monday 12/5, all users will be able to log into the new Verizon Community. We expect the new Community to be fully functional the morning of Friday 12/9. Additional details can be found in the Announcements board and under Featured Topics!
MS Testing Dual Core Apollo Windows Phone on ....... SPRINT?
bc3tech
Novice

Seriously, I thought for sure VZW would get a new winphone before SPRINT of all carriers....

wow.

http://www.theverge.com/2012/2/29/2830246/windows-phone-8-dual-core-qualcomm-sprint

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: MS Testing Dual Core Apollo Windows Phone on ....... SPRINT?
primortal

VerizonWireless - The Driod Network

This is ridiculous that VZW doesn't discuss their WP plans

Ann154
Expert
Expert

I thought I read that during CES this year that, Verizon Wireless now has a hard requirement that all future smartphone must be LTE phones. If true, that could be an issue with the WP device development.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
illegaloperatio

I doubt it. Both the Nokia Lumia 900 and the HTC Titan II  for AT&T support LTE.

0 Likes
Ann154
Expert
Expert

Those are GSM phones. A Verizon Wireless phone would need to support both the LTE (GSM style radio) and the CDMA radio.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
illegaloperatio

What I am implying is that Windows Phones can support LTE in addition to CDMA.

I am NOT saying that the HTC Titan II and Nokia Lumia 900 will be compatible with Verizon Wireless's network.

0 Likes
MadDogFL62
Novice

Probably testing Dual Core phones on Mango or Tango.  You know, the 2 WP operating systems that were not supposed to support 4G!

0 Likes
primortal

Dual core won't show up till Apollo Smiley Happy

0 Likes