Mango Update Question- PLEASE READ ASAP!
ErickPrime
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've been waiting patiently to be notified of the upcoming Mango update. I couldn't wait any longer, so I tried to update via the Zune Software. It did update, but only to the 7392. I tried for about an hour to do the "disconnect" trick, and that wouldn't work. After leaving it alone and going about my business. I notice my phone displays a message that says I have an update availible. I go into the settings and check the updates, and it says "no updates found". What gives? When it says update availible, do I have to do something at that point? There were no install buttons to click on, just a close button. I'm super frustrated right now.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Mango Update Question- PLEASE READ ASAP!
ErickPrime
Enthusiast - Level 2

Quick update: It's now updating to Mango. One small tip, and it made it so I got it on the first crack. I had to do the Zune trick. But, before plugging it into your computer. Put the phone in Airplane mode!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
JudyG38401

You need to connect to your Zune software again.  You should have an update buttton right below the "Update available..."  Keep your phone connected during the whole process and it will take care of itself.

0 Likes
ErickPrime
Enthusiast - Level 2

When I go to the Zune software it says:

Your Phone is up to date.

Current phone software version: 7.0 (7392)

So..... yeah..

0 Likes
ErickPrime
Enthusiast - Level 2

Quick update: It's now updating to Mango. One small tip, and it made it so I got it on the first crack. I had to do the Zune trick. But, before plugging it into your computer. Put the phone in Airplane mode!

0 Likes
Turambar

Brilliant tip!  Thanks, the airplane mode trick worked for me!!!

0 Likes