Mango Update
smartreader

I received an e-mail from Windows Phone Insider stating "update" to 7.5 for free.  I went into settings & it said "no update".  I have Zune on my computer & when I plugged in the phone it also said "no update".  Is this just a messag to load Zune?  I assumed it was a msg to update.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Mango Update
mooreshelby
Enthusiast - Level 3

Only about 50% of the phones are currently being sent the update. If you don't want to wait, there is a trick that will get you the update quicker. You can see how to do this here:  Mango Update

-Shelby

0 Likes
hopmedic
Contributor - Level 3

It is a rollout in waves, so not everyone is getting it at the same time, but in case you have not installed Zune on the desktop, you need to - that is the only way you will get the update.

0 Likes
smartreader

Any idea how long the waves will take?  I have Zune installed; but as of today still no update available.  I am really anxious for this because I am hoping I will be able to sync with my outlook contacts & calendar.  I really do not like my info on Windows live for everyone to hack.  Thanks for any info you have.

0 Likes
calvin8714
Enthusiast - Level 3

They said in four weeks from September 27th, all Windows Phone handsets should have received update prompts on the phone, and available updates thru the software. You should be notified of an update by October 25.

They sped up the most recent wave to 50%, next will be either 75% or 100%.

0 Likes
hopmedic
Contributor - Level 3

smartreader wrote:

Any idea how long the waves will take?  I have Zune installed; but as of today still no update available.  I am really anxious for this because I am hoping I will be able to sync with my outlook contacts & calendar.  I really do not like my info on Windows live for everyone to hack.  Thanks for any info you have.

Syncing directly between Outlook and Phone via computer/USB is NOT supported in Mango.  You will still have to sync through Live.

0 Likes
chodi
Enthusiast - Level 3

so the outlook connector for hotmail isnt working anymore?

0 Likes
hopmedic
Contributor - Level 3

chodi wrote:

so the outlook connector for hotmail isnt working anymore?

One of us (perhaps both) is not understanding the other.  There has never been a way to sync Windows Phone directly to Outlook.  You have always had to go through Live, using the connector.  This has not changed.

0 Likes
fipdublin

For those that have the mango update. I'm waiting to trade up my phone and would like to have multiply internet sharing. If I get Trophy with the 7.5 update, will I be able to do that or will I have to wait until they bring out the Mango phone? Thanks.

0 Likes
bc3tech
Contributor - Level 2

Internet sharing is not yet available on the Trophy; v7740 of the WP7 OS was recently deployed on other carriers (T-Mobile) and enabled Internet Sharing, but VZW hasn't released one. Don't hold your breath, either :smileyhappy:

the lack of VZW support for WP7 that was evident from the day that the Verizon CTO said they weren't interested in WP7. I saw it coming then. Just walk in to any VZW store and ask about the Trophy; the reps give you a one-word answer and walk away - they could care less. If you post a question about a Droid you get a response before day's end, though.

Alas this is something we'll be dealing with until VZW realizes the revolution that's been started by WindowsPhone. Nokia's new hardware is going to blow everything out of the water and rumor has it VZW is going to be getting one. For now my recommendation for anybody w/ a windows phone (on any carrier) is to search & participate on useful forums like WPCentral, WMPowerUser, etc.

When I walk in to a VZW store and ask about HTC Trophy Accessories and am met with anything but "we don't have any *poof*" I'll change my post.

If anybody has any question about WindowPhone or the HTC Trophy please just contact me directly via these boards and I will help you out in record time (compared to VZW :smileywink:)

B

0 Likes