Re: Mango for Trophy, soon as possible please
TonySoprano
Enthusiast - Level 2

So I have been watching for phone updates, I decided to connect to Zune. It said there was an update and the phone NEVER said it. It was NOT the Mango code. What gives?

0 Likes
hopmedic
Contributor - Level 3

There are several updates, and not all of them necessarily come at once.  The first is the 7392 update that Microsoft released a week before Trophy launched, which Verizon has been dragging its feet on.  This is a security update that has to do with preventing fraudulent security certificates from affecting your phone.

Then there is the Mango update, which is what you're looking for.  Microsoft announced that they are releasing it to something like 10% of phones this week, if I recall correctly, and if it goes smooth, another 25% next week, and so on.  This is to prevent overloading their servers, as well as to be able to put the brakes on quickly if there should be problems.

Then there is a firmware update from HTC specifically for Trophy.

While it appears that you are not on the list of the first 10% (who knows how they decide these things??), there has been published a way to "force" the update.  Mine came on its own, I had to force my wife's.  Forcing hers took me about 20 times trying the method described, but it worked in the end.  Just do a google for WPCentral force mango update and you'll find the process.  It's fairly simple, but long to type.

0 Likes
bgoodbody
Contributor - Level 1

The problem that occurred yesterday with the full SET of updates not installing seems to habe been solved. I did my sisters phone today and all of the updates were installed in a single click of update.

First 7392, then the firmaware, them Mango.

I think the phone not telling us is the idea that many folks will do the update AFTER the notification on the phone.

By goung directly to Zune withe the phone attached, click on Phone, Settings / Upgrade everyone can get the update.

0 Likes
mxzrxp

Hey Rich,

Thanks for the link, as one of those not in the first 10% I was able to get Mango installed.

Its sweet so far!

If folks stay patient and read the complete thread they will get Mango, on a Trophy anyway!

thanks again!

0 Likes
TonySoprano
Enthusiast - Level 2

WOW Mango installed seamlessly, all setting recovered perfectly! I will now go to Azalea in Los Angeles and order a mango martini!

0 Likes
Turambar

I am currently downloading the Mango update on my HTC Trophy and it is all because of a nice little trick I read on another vzw support thread.  Some of you may have already come across other posts that give instructions for forcing the update on zune.  I tried this several times and it did not work.  Then I came across the tip to put your phone into "airplane mode" first before plugging it into zune.  So here are the instructions that worked for me: first put your phone into airplane mode, then connect your phone to your computer using the usb cable.  Once zune is up and running go to "settings" and then under the "phone" menu click "update".  After clicking "update" wait 3 seconds and then disconnect the internet from your computer.  (I know this sounds crazy but it works).  After a few seconds of searching there should be a message that pops up stating that there is a new update available.  Reconnect the internet to your computer and begin the updating process.  If a message pops up that zune was unable to find an update because there was no internet connection, then try again, and pay special attention to when you disconnect the internet.  If you do it to early or to late it won't work.  Good luck and enjoy your mango breakfast!

0 Likes
TonySoprano
Enthusiast - Level 2

I had my mango martini yesterday!

0 Likes
TonySoprano
Enthusiast - Level 2

AND this morning I got a calendar reminder, and I HAVE snooze choices!!! Thank you.

0 Likes
Ricka1

Followed the directions for forcing the update and......it worked!! Took me three tries but finally got it! Thanks!! Mango is great!

0 Likes
hschoenman1

I, too, followed the directions for the manual/forced update and they worked flawlessly, well, on the 2nd try anyway. The timing of the Internet disconnect is key. It's hokey and who knows why it works and depends on timing, but it does. First the phone updated from 7392 to 7403 then 7720. Thank you to whoever it was that posted this tip!!  🙂

0 Likes