Maps/Directions issue
138car

When I go to bing maps on my PC and find directions, then send them via the webpage to my Nokia 822, only the destination is shown. I do not get directions from my pre determined start point i entered on my PC, nor direcections from my current location. All that is displayed on the map is the destination.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Maps/Directions issue
primortal
Master - Level 1

How did you send the link to your phone?  I selected email from Bing and when I received the email on my phone and clicked on it, it brought up IE and then Nokia Drive started and gave me turn-by-turn directions.

0 Likes
138car

I have tried both send to mobile and send to email. This phone also randomly shuts down.. my replacement should be here tomorrow. I am curious if the problems are some how related. I would normally think not, one (shutdowns)seems to be a hardware issue, and the other software.

0 Likes
primortal
Master - Level 1

I just tried to send to mobile and it is doing like you described, opens Bing maps and shows the destination and that's about.  Try sending to your email instead and if you have Nokia Drive+ installed it should launch when clicking on the link in the email.

It seems that Bing didn't update there send to mobile option to work with Windows Phone 8 yet.

0 Likes
138car

It does not work using "send to email" either. Smiley Sad Send to mobile and send to email work on my co-workers Nokia 822.

0 Likes
138car

Replacement phone has arrived. It has not locked up yet, but the Maps issue continues. It does not work if I use send to mobile, or email.

0 Likes
primortal
Master - Level 1

In regards to sending direction via email, do you have Nokia Drive + installed?  Via mobile defaults to Bing and it looks like a defect.

0 Likes
138car

Nokia drive is installed. When I click the link from my email on my phone it briefly opens the browser to bing, then it says object was moved, and it opens nokia maps, centered on the destination, with no directions.

0 Likes
primortal
Master - Level 1

Strange now mine is doing the same, opening maps instead of drive....

0 Likes
primortal
Master - Level 1

After doing some digging it seems that Microsoft sort of crippled Bing in WP8 in regards to turn-by-turn directions.

Just not sure what Noika Drive+ didn't start this time.  Wonder if the update to Nokia Maps caused the breakage.

0 Likes