Marketplace - Verizon Error Message
BobL50
Enthusiast - Level 1

Just recently when I go to Marketplace on my Trophy, I see a new option at the top (in addition all the originals - HTC, apps, games, music, podcasts) labeled Verizon.  When I select "Verizon" I get a Marketplace Error message  with an error code 805a0194.  I have tried the suggestions of restarting Marketplace and restarting the phone.  All other options work so it's not a major issue, I can still get apps, music, games.

Just wondering if anyone else is getting this same error and/or if there are any suggested solutions.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Marketplace - Verizon Error Message
rolexdpracer

I'm pretty sure Verizon didn't have any WP7 supported apps until very recently. I'm sure they'll start showing up in the Verizon Marketplace tab once Mango has been launched to everyone.

0 Likes
Not applicable

I definitely apologize for the inconvenience with the error message.  There are no reported issues regarding the error you are receiving.  However, I have raised this error up to our product team for further investigation.  I hope this helps. Thanks.

0 Likes
hopmedic
Contributor - Level 3

While I have no data to back this up, I suspect that this error may be because Verizon has no apps in marketplace.  I could be wrong, it is a guess, just based on the fact that all the other categories, which I *know* have items in them work.  This could be a Marketplace bug with how it reacts when you tap an empty directory.

0 Likes
DTrumpower

Interesting.  I have used that Verizon option before, but never got an error.  And, now, my Verizon option isn't even there anymore.

Not sure what happened to it, but I doubt I would have ever installed any of their apps anyway.

0 Likes
bc3tech
Contributor - Level 2

SammuelP wrote:

I definitely apologize for the inconvenience with the error message.  There are no reported issues regarding the error you are receiving.  However, I have raised this error up to our product team for further investigation.  I hope this helps. Thanks.

and 5 weeks later.........

I've never seen the Verizon option so either they were testing something out and you caught them right in the middle of it, or they thought they had it done and FUBAR'd it so have just taken it down.

the lack of VZW support for WP7 that was evident from the day that the Verizon CTO said they weren't interested in WP7. I saw it coming then. Just walk in to any VZW store and ask about the Trophy; the reps give you a one-word answer and walk away - they could care less. If you post a question about a Droid you get a response before day's end, though.

Alas this is something we'll be dealing with until VZW realizes the revolution that's been started by WindowsPhone. Nokia's new hardware is going to blow everything out of the water and rumor has it VZW is going to be getting one. For now my recommendation for anybody w/ a windows phone (on any carrier) is to search & participate on useful forums like WPCentral, WMPowerUser, etc.

When I walk in to a VZW store and ask about HTC Trophy Accessories and am met with anything but "we don't have any *poof*" I'll change my post.

If anybody has any question about WindowPhone or the HTC Trophy please just contact me directly via these boards and I will help you out in record time (compared to VZW :smileywink:)

B

0 Likes