May 24th Verizon???
thejester77
Contributor - Level 1

Via [http://www.everythingwm.com/]

It looks like Microsoft is announcing May 24th as the next exciting launch date of it's lastest Windows Phone 7 Device...  Going to be really **bleep** if all this wait was because Verizon wanted there Devices to have RED TILES!!!

R U KIDDING ME!!!

It would be nice to hear something from BIG RED!!!

TheJester77

Still Waiting For An Official Release Date... Make, Model & Specs On The Device!!!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: May 24th Verizon???
Khensu

This is a release event for 'Mango', the next big update to WP7 software.  I'm still hoping to be able to order my HTC Trophy this thursday.

0 Likes
thejester77
Contributor - Level 1

Actually Microsoft and HTC both usually release a Press Release to announce the newest Windows Phone 7 Devices... So Microsoft has clocked in, now we patiently await for HTC to announce on there site and via Press Release, and last but not least Big Red itself which the phone will be running on there network.

But in today's technology age, this has got to be one of the worst releases of Technology I have ever seen.

I'm Waiting BIG RED!!!

TheJester77

0 Likes
WP7SmartPhones
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am hoping for this Thursday as well.  But at the speed that Verizon has been going, we may only see it with Mango.  I hope I am being overly pessimistic.  I have just heard too many leaked dates that don't pan out and Verizon refuses to put any kind of date to the release.  If it really is this Thursday, they would have to have already shipped product and stuff to stores.  What would it hurt to confirm the date?

As for Mango, it looks like the feature updates are gong to be great. 

0 Likes
chinch
Contributor - Level 1

I'd bet on this thurs May 12th.

The 24th will simply highlight "available on all major carriers in the USA as announced at launch"

The 24th is the wrong day of the week (thurs is more likely) and would be make Verizon look stupid since the event will discuss WP7.5 changes available Fall/holiday 2011, when of course new devices will be available.

0 Likes
WP7SmartPhones
Enthusiast - Level 2

chinch wrote:

I'd bet on this thurs May 12th.

The 24th will simply highlight "available on all major carriers in the USA as announced at launch"

The 24th is the wrong day of the week (thurs is more likely) and would be make Verizon look stupid since the event will discuss WP7.5 changes available Fall/holiday 2011, when of course new devices will be available.

Well I hope you are right.  I just went through a huge head ache with may old Touch Pro this weekend.   I am more than ready to get rid of it in favor of a Windows Phone 7.  Touch Pro is 3 - 4 year old tech that I got stuck with in a two year contract (that just expired) because Verizon was so slow with the release of the Touch Pro 2.  It would be nice if they were only a couple of months behind this time.

I have been following this for so long that I am way beyond getting my hopes up.  I almost thought that I would be making a trip to AT&T this weekend.  I was able to get my old phone working again.  If I couldn't have, I would not have bought what is currently available from Verizon.

0 Likes
Squallfyr
Contributor - Level 3

@TheJester77. Please stop Trolling and Spamming.{please keep your posts courteous} This is the first of many WP7 phones im sure thats to come on VZW, and once you get a release date, your going to start trolling and flooding 3 months from now when another gets rumored. This is a peer to peer forum, {please keep your posts courteous}.

0 Likes