Re: Microsoft Lumia 950 and Lumia 950 XL to be blocked by Verizon
Blanchardtech
Enthusiast - Level 2

Tidbits    The 950XL is capable of all spectrums.   The 950 is not.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Show the FCC filings please

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

If they were in fact certified that would mean it would be on the FCC certification and were tested. If they are not that what you just said is completely Bull.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

FYI the 950 and 950XL have exactly the same radios... They are both capable of doing both...

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Also WCDMA is not CDMA. WCDMA should be better known as UMTS. The radios in the FCC filings show nothing of CDMA or EVDO. Which if MS got approval from Qualcomm and it was active at one point would have also been tested by the FCC which as we can see never was listed.

0 Likes
primortal
Master - Level 1

Tidbits wrote:

Show the FCC filings please

It's been posted and no CDMA folks, https://fccid.io/PYARM-1116

Application: GSM/WCDMA/LTE cellular device w/BT, BLE, WLAN and NFC

Just as a refresher which has been said numerous times WCDMA != CDMA.  For whatever reason Microsoft didn't want to enable CDMA on these devices.

So we either wait for the device to show up next year or jump ship to AT&T.

primortal
Master - Level 1

Forgot to mention above is for the 950XL and I don't know if the 950 has been posted yet.

0 Likes
WinPhoneUser50
Enthusiast - Level 1

Here is a view from my experience with Verizon and Microsoft.  First, I am a Windows user. The first Windows phone I owned was a Samsung from AT&T in 2003. Then I switched to Verizon when I worked for Microsoft because of the incentives.  Since then, all the sentiments from Verizon employees have favored the Android platform clearly.  Whether it's incentives, corporate culture or just plain business decisions, employees are being directed(in my opinion) to lessen their focus on the Windows platform.  Even after I tell them that I only use Windows phones they try to sell me on the Android platform.  My Nokia 928 was the best Windows phone I have ever owned.  Unfortunately the screen cracked from a fall and even with a warranty replacement the refurbished phone never worked the same.  I now have an HTC One that is ok but not the same as the Nokia.  Anyone in the tech sector can tell you that it's all about the OEM relationships between the carrier and the manufacturer, it comes down to money.  The technology is not new and Verizon has had Windows phones before. Just stop with the excuses and release the device so you can retain your loyal customers.

sakowak
Enthusiast - Level 1

LOL, you got edited but I totally know what you are talking about.

I wonder what the squabble is over. License fees? Why would Verizon risk such nasty lawsuits from the FCC. The FCC will fight for the under dog any day.

0 Likes
sakowak
Enthusiast - Level 1

1 up!!!

0 Likes