Multiple OS issues with Email set up; "People" ; Synching phone not working as advertised
dianeCh

Nokia Lumia 822

Purchased yesterday (2/10/13)

So far I have spent 14 hours attempting to resolve what feel like endless errors and bugs. If I can;t get these resolved in the next 48 hours the phone goes back. I am so disappointed  I waited especially for this phone - heard great stuff. My experience is it sucks. Worst phone ever.

1) POP3 email accounts are non functional. I have attempted to set up and delete and re-set up now multiple times. Each time presents a fresh new nightmare.

• Issue 1 - Email account  receives email but will not send. Error message goes something like  <" Problem sending message. Message failed to send. Problem with Files or Data on your device." >
  • Issue 2 - Tapping email + accounts sends me back to start screen cannot even set up account
  • Issue 3 - I  get to add email account I enter my information but no account is created
  • Issue 4 - I set up an account and I get an error message stating my information cannot be found.
  • Issue 5 - trying to open email from start screen just resets to start screen  over and over and over NEVER opens the account.

These are deal breaker issues. I have multiple email accounts on different platforms. If I cannot access my various emails AND send from those accounts this is NOT the phone for me.

2) PEOPLE does not function. ALSO multiple various issues and never the same one twice.

• Issue 1 - I tap on a contact and get sent to the start screen over and over and over  and over again.
  • Issue 2 I tap on a contact and the phone freezes and wont respond unless I pull the battery
  • Issue 3 I open a contact and make an edit, save the contact but the change is never reflected in the list
  • Issue 4 I try and search for a contact and the search freezes - only option is to return to start screen

3) Scrolling thru any APP randomly takes me back to start screen.

I dread attempting to synch Outlook calendar and contacts on my PC to hotmail - especially if I can't even set up email. And it seems like even holding it will jettison me out of anything I'm doing and back to start screen.

If I can't get these issues resolved.  look like I'll be going  back to my 3 year old Blackberry Bold which performed flawlessly. It may not be the most impressive phone out there but it did what I needed it to do with out any issues.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Multiple OS issues with Email set up; "People" ; Synching phone not working as advertised
primortal
Master - Level 1

Who are the providers for your POP3 accounts?  Did do all them at once or one at a time and test out emailing and contact management?  It's possible one account is hosing the phone.  Or there are duplicate contact information in the various accounts that is driving the OS nuts.

I have Outlook, corporate Exchange and IMAP3 account linked together and I haven't had and problems yet in regards to sending/receiving email or managing my contacts.

0 Likes
Re: Multiple OS issues with Email set up; "People" ; Synching phone not working as advertised
dianeCh

2 emails with Comcast.

2 with 1 and1.com

I set them up one at a time

At present the only contacts on teh phone were transfereed from Verizons Backup Assitant

I Use Outlook at home (self employed) not Exchange Server involved. Haven't even attpepted transfering Outlook contacts as I can't send email anyway

0 Likes
dianeCh

Interesting Twitter conversation   It was suggested to try a HARD reset - and if that doesn't work take the phone back.

Since I don;t have anything set up yet  that's my solution.

I see a BlackBerry Z10 in my future

0 Likes
primortal
Master - Level 1

Hard reset isn't a bad idea and stay away from Verizon's Backup Assistant or their contacts app.  Nothing but trouble.

0 Likes
dianeCh

DO I really have to synch my Outlook calendar on my PC via a .live account? Is there a better app?

0 Likes
primortal
Master - Level 1

Depends on where the majority of your contacts are coming from.  If you have to most of them in Outlook, than yes synch them with your live account.

You might want to take a look here, http://www.windowsphone.com/en-US/how-to/wp7/people/contacts

0 Likes
dianeCh

Thanks Primortal.

0 Likes