Music
mrlimond

I have loaded my phone with music in the past by dragging and dropping onto the memory card until recently when I used the desktop app similar to itunes and now all my music shows up in any music app multiple times but it is only on the memory card once, any ideas?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Music
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's look further into this mrlimond! Did this just begin after installing a specific application? Try backing up and completing a reset here http://vz.to/16J955Z Please keep me posted. Thank you.

TominqueBo_VZW
Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello to you mrlimond!

I love listening to my favorite music on the go! We definitely want to ensure it's organized and not duplicated. May I ask what desktop app you're using? Does this sync with your phone via any type of application? I'm wondering if you're seeing a "Cloud" version of your music and the actual music on your sd card.

Keep in mind, if this is related to the desktop app we would have limited information, but please keep us posted!

Thanks!

MelissaM_VZW

0 Likes
mrlimond

It happens now when I use either the windows phone app for desktop or dragging and dropping the music using windows explorer. When I play music it will play every instance of the songs.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you! I appreciate the info. Has there been any updates on your computer? Are you playing music from the device or from the computer?

YosefT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
mrlimond

I am playing music from my device, and no updates to the computer, and I have even removed the sd card and reformatted with the same results, but not every song is done this was so I am at a loss.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

mrlimond,

Gotcha. When you use your regular desktop to do it, are you saving music via this method http://vz.to/1bFnZe3 ? You should be able to drop music into only one folder without conflict.

EvanO_VZW

0 Likes
mrlimond

Yes that is the way I transfer the music, granted the folders are named different... I also have noticed my pictures multiply now as well.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's look further into this mrlimond! Did this just begin after installing a specific application? Try backing up and completing a reset here http://vz.to/16J955Z Please keep me posted. Thank you.

TominqueBo_VZW

0 Likes
mrlimond

from what I recall it just randomly started happening, but I am performing a reset and will see what happens

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

mrlimond,

Fingers are crossed on this end. Please keep us in the loop with how it reacts.

EvanO_VZW

0 Likes