My Backup Assistant hangs after "Step 1"
TPAB

Backup Assistant just hangs at "Step 1"  I unfortunately upgraded to 3.1.1   EVERY REVIEW on the App Store of 3.1.1 says the same thing.  It just hangs at Step 1.  Previous version worked like a charm - no issues.  If you still have a chance, do not load 3.1.1.  Hey Verizon - how do you release an App that just hangs???  When will it be fixed???

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: My Backup Assistant hangs after "Step 1"
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

TPAB,

We thank you for reaching out to us here, because help is our middle name. Let’s make sure we get your backup assistant to work on your phone, pronto! What make & model phone do you have? Have you been able to turn your phone completely off & then back on? If you can provide any other details that would help.

AliciaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
TPAB

Iphone5s and I have turned it all the way off.

No change. BA still not working

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

TPAB,

Ok, gotcha. Thank you for the helpful information. Have you been able to uninstall the Backup Assistant app and then re-install it? Also, please do what is called Resetting the Network Settings. This will erase any wifi settings, so please jot down anything you need before doing this. You can re-enter it back in the phone once this is done. You won’t erase anything else on the phone at all other than that. Please go to Settings – General – Reset – Reset Network Settings. Once that is done, please try to run the Backup Assistant again & let us know what the outcome is.

AliciaS_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
TPAB

You are treating my issue like a one off. Did u notice that

every App Store review of BA 3.1.1 reports the same issue????

Something broke in 3.1.1. It's not my phone or network connection.

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
TPAB

Uninstalled, reinstalled and STILL NOT WORKING!

Are u still working this or have u given up?

App Store has new reviews- all one star.

All stating that 3.1.1 just does not work.

Any news on when a real fix will be available??

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

TPAB,

I appreciate you doing this troubleshooting with me. We are definitely not giving up. I’m confident we can find a resolution. Were you able to do the Resetting of Network Settings? I do regret to see that you are feeling as if I’m not trying to help you. We do need to get these questions answered & continue to troubleshoot this issue. Can you please describe to me the exact steps that you are doing, starting with trying to open up the Backup Assistant app? Are you using a wifi connection or using the Verizon Wireless 4G connection while trying to use Backup Assistant? Please walk me through as much as possible.  Thank you very much!

AliciaS_VZW

0 Likes
TPAB

I have tried LTE and WI-FI and neither works

Again- you are treating this as a one off- something with my phone or network

You continue to ignore the many BA reviews on the App Store that report the same issue

You are also ignoring the fact that this worked perfectly for me until I upgraded the BA app to 3.1.1

I have worked in software support for 30+ years

Failure investigations should always start with "what changed"

It's rare that a new issue is caused by something unrelated to new software

Don't give me any new actions to try until you check into the many reports of 3.1.1 failures

Thanks

Tom

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
primortal
Master - Level 1

Your best approach is to contact support directly to open a ticket on this.  This community is basically peer-2-peer support.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

TPAB,

We definitely want to get answers & resolve this Backup Assistant app issue as quickly as possible. Your troubleshooting with me is greatly appreciated & I’m happy that you are such an experienced software person. That helps us both out!  I am sad that you feel I’m not trying to help you. To further continue, I’m going to send you a Private Message so that I can gather much needed information. Please respond back to me only in the Private Message for assistance.

AliciaS_VZW

0 Likes