My M8 windows phone is over heating and killing the battery. Ive had it replaced and gotten with Verizon and HTC and both pretty much tell me Im screwed. Ive had this phone for less than A month. They have A messed up product but neither Verizon nor HTC w
Flohn3

My M8 windows phone is over heating and killing the battery. Ive had it replaced and gotten with Verizon and HTC and both pretty much tell me Im screwed. Ive had this phone for less than A month. They have A messed up product but neither Verizon nor HTC will switch out to A phone that doesnt have issues to where I have to do special stuff to just to keep the battery from dying. I will never own an HTC phone again and will discourage as many people as I can from ever getting anything HTC. As far as verizon. I am extremely disipointed that you dont appreciate your customers enough to keep them in A phone that doesnt have issues when your phone manufacturer doesnt honor there phones quality. My entire extended family has multiple lines with Verizon. I will be advising against rentering any contracts with Verizon. The reason Verizon doesnt have complaints is because there no links or sites to go to to file A complaint. Only A mailing address. REDICULOUS!!!!!@

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: My M8 windows phone is over heating and killing the battery. Ive had it replaced and gotten with Verizon and HTC and both pretty much tell me Im screwed. Ive had this phone for less than A month. They have A messed up product but neither Verizon nor H
primortal
Master - Level 1

File a complaint with the FCC, https://consumercomplaints.fcc.gov/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=39744  Let them know that VZW/HTC is constantly sending you defective devices and will not exchange it for another device and that you are afraid that the overheating could cause a fire.

0 Likes
Re: My M8 windows phone is over heating and killing the battery. Ive had it replaced and gotten with Verizon and HTC and both pretty much tell me Im screwed. Ive had this phone for less than A month. They have A messed up product but neither Verizon nor H
frommage
Contributor - Level 2

The complaint is against HTC not verizon. Verizon has no control over manufacturer warranty.

primortal
Master - Level 1

VZW isn't an innocent bystander here.  They can either influence HTC or they themselves issue a new device or swap out the OP's defective device for another brand.

0 Likes
frommage
Contributor - Level 2

Why should they?

That's like Comcast swapping out my tv because the signal is horrible.

primortal
Master - Level 1

If you purchased the TV through them then rightfully so

This has to do with a defective device purchased through VZW. If it was purchased directly from HTC then yes of course file a complaint against HTC.

Mobile customers are in the mindset that if they purchase their device through the carrier it's the carrier's responsibility to handle defective devices.  VZW could have easily said to the OP that not our problem contact HTC and washed their hands of it.  Instead they decided to send another defective device to the OP.

Tidbits
Legend

They are only doing what they agreed with HTC to do. They are not doing it for their own accord. If they didn't have that agreement then they may have done just that.

0 Likes
frommage
Contributor - Level 2

So the step is to deal with the manufacturer and not the service provider directly. The manufacturer can fix the device directly as opposed to the end user getting a device off the shelf.

0 Likes
chodichicken

stupid question, do you keep it in your pocket?  I had one and when it was in my pocket it would heat up and the battery would die.  when I didn't keep it in there it was fine

0 Likes
shinreyu

I'm in the same position, my second phone started acting up after a month of use and now I ordered my 3rd. I feel like no matter whose fault it is that the device is defective Verizon shouldn't be selling defective products. Stop selling the phone and offer an alternative if it's causing so many issues. I love the phone and features so much but the fact that its barely usable is infuriating.

0 Likes