My Nokia Lumia 928 screen and under-screen broke!
MPly
Enthusiast - Level 1

As you read above, my 928 broke and now the screen doesn't work at all! The screen had cracked one time and I didn't have the money to replace for a new screen just yet and now the phone is broken all together. Can Verizon fix this? How much would something like this cost?

Someone please get back to me! I'm honestly just going to buy an iPhone if it's too expensive because phones break so easily and at least Apple products are well known and so many more people know how to fix them for cheap!

Thank you

Labels (1)
My Nokia Lumia 928 screen and under-screen broke!
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

If you have insurance on the phone, they will replace it for a $99 deductible.  Otherwise you may have to do some research to find someone who can replace it, or purchase a new phone.

0 Likes
Re: My Nokia Lumia 928 screen and under-screen broke!
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

A broken phone is no fun, MPly. Since Verizon Wireless doesn't actually manufacture the phones, we don't have the ability to do repairs on the device. If you have insurance, you can file a claim at http://bit.ly/07CrqPK as demmo86rt suggested. We also have a Certified Pre-Owned Program http://vz.to/16vfYHl if you need a replacement but don't have insurance. There's always the option to buy a phone from a 3rd party and activate it to your account too. http://vz.to/U2wgl6

Thank you
JenniferH_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
bejeans
Enthusiast - Level 3

Amazon has amazing prices on the Lumia 928 right now. If you buy one, just make sure you check the correct categories - whether you're a current subscriber, etc. I don't see a category for replacement, so you might want to call Amazon CS or Verizon to ask about it. Good luck.

A friend just shattered her iPhone; it's glass, sadly, it happens.

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

Amazon's best prices will always be the new contract price (even existing Verizon customers signing a new contract won't get the best ones) and their off contract prices are not usually better, sometimes worse than buying direct from Verizon.  If you are ok with a used device, it would be best to check eBay or Swappa.

0 Likes
bejeans
Enthusiast - Level 3

The Nokia Lumina 928 on Amazon is $29.99 for existing customers wanting to upgrade. For new customers wanting to sign a contract it's less. Even when at the Verizon store a few days ago, a rep agreed that I should buy from Amazon (when I showed him the price). I didn't for a number of reasons. You can visit Amazon to see.

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

But I would be willing to bet the OP isn't eligible for an upgrade right now, which goes back to Amazon's off contract pricing.

rcschnoor
Legend

One option would be to send the phone in to Nokia. They will check to see if it is under warranty and if the repair is covered. If not, they will charge you a fee for the repair.

bejeans
Enthusiast - Level 3

You could absolutely be right. That's why I mentioned checking about a replacement, since there's no category, but still hoped there was something she could do that wouldn't break the bank. : )

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

bejeans wrote:

Amazon has amazing prices on the Lumia 928 right now.

The only categories I saw were NEW subscriber,  CURRENT subscriber with an UPGRADE, ADD A LINE, or OFF CONTRACT.  The good prices were only for new or current subscribers eligible for an upgrade; otherwise the Lumia 928 is $499.00.  Smiley Sad

0 Likes