My Nokia Lumia Icon refuses to send or receive SMS
mewwww17

My Nokia Lumia Icon refuses to send or receive SMS. I believe it is an error with my SIM card, as I recently lost my old phone and purchased a new one (so I had to go get a new SIM). I have tried many internet tutorials, but none work. Help or advice is much appreciated.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: My Nokia Lumia Icon refuses to send or receive SMS
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Lets ensure your device is running in top form! What happens when you attempt to send or receive SMS? Any issues with voice or data?
YosefT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
mewwww17

I apologize for any confusion, I meant MMS. However,

When I attempt to send MMS: I continually get the "couldn't send (try again)" message.

When I attempt to receive MMS: It just says it's opening for forever, and nothing else happens.

Otherwise I have had zero issues with the phone.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate you clearing that up. When you are having trouble are you connected to wifi? What zip code are you in where you are having this problem?
BryanS_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
mewwww17

Zip code has varied. Didn't matter. I am just recently having wifi connectivity issues. But I was connected before

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

MMS messages will only transmit over the cellular data connection. Is the 3g/4G LTE network on and active when you send MMS messages?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
mewwww17

Yes I have had constant 4G payely

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Ann154, let's get your messages working smoothly. When trying to send an MMS, are you connected to wi-fi? If so, may I have you turn the wi-fi off and then try to send that message please? Is the cellular data turned on in the Settings, Mobile Network and then Data Connection?
LorenB_VZW

0 Likes
mewwww17

Okay, I turned wifi off, then I verified that data connection was on (it was). But when I sent the message, the same thing happened. It waited for like 20 seconds and then said to try again.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate you trying this, mewwww17. Your original message said that you lost your phone and purchased the Lumia Icon. What make and model was your previous device? Have you noticed if specific or all contacts you attempt to send/receive messages are affected?

AndreaS_VZW

0 Likes