Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
My Verizon Mobile App
khmiller1975

Purchased HTC Trophy on 7-11-11. Since that time, I cannot access the My Verizon Mobile App. I get the same error message over and over: "We cannot process your request at this time. We are sorry for the inconvenience. Please try again later." After 7 calls to customer service and 1 visit to a Verizon tech support person at a local store, I STILL cannot access this app. I was told I might get a replacement phone, but when the customer service person at the store heard this, she said no. She called (guess who) customer service and was told that many people are having the same issue and replacing the phone wouldn't solve the problem.

I've just accepted that it will not work...it's a useless app. No one wants to fix the problem. I like the phone otherwise. Here's my beef: if the phone isn't compatible with the app, someone should just say so. If customer service wants to make things right, they should offer a replacement, refund, etc. Customer service should NOT give the customer the run-around. Seven phone calls and 1 visit to the Verizon store proved to be a waste of my time.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: My Verizon Mobile App
hopmedic
Novice

If you are trying to use this app from home, (when you're connected to a wifi network), this may be  your problem.  The app does not support use while on wifi.  To me, this is ridiculous, because when I'm at home is when I'll be curious about my bill, not while I'm, say, out to dinner.  Do I pay my bills while driving?  In general, no.  The sad thing is that it would only take a few lines of code for Verizon to get the unique ID of the phone, which could easily be linked to your account, and use that to validate your being allowed to access information, but no.  I do believe they are using your 3g connection for authentication.

Not sure if that will help, but worth a try - turn of the wifi and see if the app works.  Also, try uninstalling it and reinstalling it (through the Verizon part of Marketplace).

0 Likes
khmiller1975

Yes, I've tried turning off the Wi-Fi. I've also tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app. No luck!

0 Likes
hopmedic
Novice

Sorry, I don't have any further suggestions, other than talk with Verizon, then.  I wish I could help.

0 Likes
Not applicable

khmiller1975,

Good Morning!

I would like to delve into this further. I researched and found no reported issued posted internally. I would like to escalate this to our product team and see if a fix is being worked on as I'm sure it is.  

Please PM me directly with your name and mobile number so I can help.

Thank you for your patience and understanding!

0 Likes