My battery life went to crap after the Windows 8.1 update.
ArcDemonX

Before the update I could get around 5-7 days of battery life. After the update I can almost make it to a whopping 22 hours. This update for all the new battery saver stuff it has, really doesn't actually help save the battery.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: My battery life went to crap after the Windows 8.1 update.
nvidiatnt

I have the exact same problem. My phone now drains its battery at an incredible rate and it can barely hold power until 7 or 8pm while before it would easily finish the day with room to spare.

I went through the battery saver app, but most apps only show usage of a few percent, nothing that would indicate a large drain from an app.

This is truly incredibly frustrating, barely using any features on the phone and the phone doesn't last a day !

0 Likes
mda06

I, too, have the same issue with battery life going downhill in a big way after the 8.1 update.  I am lucky to get through half the day without recharging.  I would hope that Verizon customer support would monitor these comment and provide a response.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I see you, mda06.  From a full charge, when do you lose battery life? Have you done any resets since the update? We want to make sure we get some details to provide to the software team.

TamaraH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
nvidiatnt

In my case, I didn't do any reset. I simply installed the update.

Then I noticed the significant difference in battery life. I went in the battery saver, saw various apps but none were using more than 3-4% and even the total was only like 20-30%, so I  turned pretty much anything that was allowed to run in the background off, and ... nothing changed, the battery still dies by like 8PM, while before the update I could use the phone for almost 2 days.

You really need to do something about this, it's an incredibly poor customer experience and truly makes me regret installing this update Smiley Sad

0 Likes
mda06

Thanks for your response. After the update, I usually have to recharge within 12 hours. I have a battery monitoring app (battery sense) that right now says I am using 13.8%/hour of my battery. My phone feels warm to the touch...

0 Likes