My new HTC One (M8) for Windows phone will not allow me to change the settings, nor personalize the theme or start screen. Any ideas how to fix that?
Krited

I just bought a HTC One phone with Windows 8.1 and the start screen, themes, and all personalization will not appear when I make changes.  The whole phone is in black and white only.  Any idea how I fix that?  I have tried changing the settings, nothing...

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: My new HTC One (M8) for Windows phone will not allow me to change the settings, nor personalize the theme or start screen.  Any ideas how to fix that?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Krited, Congrats on your new HTC One (M8)! This is quite a strange situation, indeed. I want to be as helpful as possible in providing the best options for this. Can you please provide more details on what you mean by the phone start screen, themes, and personalization not appearing with changes? What settings have you tried changing on the device?

TanishaS1_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: My new HTC One (M8) for Windows phone will not allow me to change the settings, nor personalize the theme or start screen. Any ideas how to fix that?
Krited

I spoke with HTC yesterday and it appears that the phone has a feature called "High Contrast" that renders everything in black and white.  It is under the Settings icon as an ease of use function. Once I turned High Contrast off, everything went back to normal.

0 Likes
Re: My new HTC One (M8) for Windows phone will not allow me to change the settings, nor personalize the theme or start screen.  Any ideas how to fix that?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Krited glad to hear that everything is back up and running! If you ever need any help, we're just a click away! Also check out our Support Page at http://vz.to/1hYsYIP

AshleyS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes