My new Lumia 928 does not wake up or go to camera mode when button pushed.
AlanLHull
Enthusiast - Level 1

when I push and hold the third button down for 2 seconds like it is supposed to. I have reset the phone and still doesn't function as stated in the owners manual. Any suggestions?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: My new Lumia 928 does not wake up or go to camera mode when button pushed.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello AlanLHull, we want your camera up and running to capture those memories! I understand you have reset the device. Were you referring to a hard reset and erasing the phone and getting it to factory settings or did you reset the camera option in the device?

To reset the Camera, you will go to settings > applications > photos camera > reset.

The last resort option is the hard reset. When doing this option you will want to make sure all pictures, contacts, and email information is backed up. To do a hard reset, you will go to: settings>about>reset your phone. Keep us posted if these options work and help fix the device.

WiltonA_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
jgraves1107
Enthusiast - Level 2

Take it back and have it replaced now.

0 Likes
AlanLHull
Enthusiast - Level 1

Additionally I have tried resetting phone and have made sure under "setting" the box is checked to use button to wake phone, and nokia camera is selected.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello AlanLHull, we want your camera up and running to capture those memories! I understand you have reset the device. Were you referring to a hard reset and erasing the phone and getting it to factory settings or did you reset the camera option in the device?

To reset the Camera, you will go to settings > applications > photos camera > reset.

The last resort option is the hard reset. When doing this option you will want to make sure all pictures, contacts, and email information is backed up. To do a hard reset, you will go to: settings>about>reset your phone. Keep us posted if these options work and help fix the device.

WiltonA_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
rmartinky

I have the exact same issue with camera.  Wasted a lot of time trying all the above, it took 4 hours to fully restore the phone to original settings.  Verizon store said that issue was normal!  (4 hour restore staring at 2 gears meshing.)   Still the same exact problem.  I finally had to ask for a warranty replacement.  Somethings not right with these phones, I really want an android, but stuck with it.

0 Likes