My phone is stuck on and I can't turn it off or move from opening page
splashfish

My phone is stuck on and I can't turn it off or move from opening page

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: My phone is stuck on and I can't turn it off or move from opening page
PuraVida
Enthusiast - Level 2

Try to do a "soft reset".  Push the reduce volume button at the same time you push the power button just below.  This should shutdown your phone and start it back up again.  I hope this clears up your problem.

Osssmon
Enthusiast - Level 1

I also have this problem, it has been happening for over 8 hours. sometimes having to do the reset 3 or 4 times. then it'll be okay for a while, then happens again. Unfortunately I am traveling outside of the US, I bought the Global plan before  leaving home and cannot go into a Verizon store for assistance. VERY FRUSTRATING.

A problem seemingly associated with the lock ups that I hadn't noticed until late today, is the date changed back to Dec 19, 2013 and time back several hours. I switched them both back to today's date Jan 9,2014 and correct time. then later when it locked up again and after reset(s), the date and time switched March 6,2013, This time, I cannot unlock the  phone, only do a reset back into a locked state. I tried turning the phone off, but with it being locked I cannot.

The phone will go to sleep, but when I wake it, I cannot slide it open. Also I keep receiving old text messages, that I had received before leaving home.

Someone please help.

Oscar

0 Likes
Osssmon
Enthusiast - Level 1

I also have this problem, it has been happening for over 8 hours. sometimes having to do the reset 3 or 4 times. then it'll be okay for a while, then happens again. Unfortunately I am traveling outside of the US, I bought the Global plan before  leaving home and cannot go into a Verizon store for assistance. VERY FRUSTRATING.

A problem seemingly associated with the lock ups that I hadn't noticed until late today, is the date changed back to Dec 19, 2013 and time back several hours. I switched them both back to today's date Jan 9,2014 and correct time. then later when it locked up again and after reset(s), the date and time switched March 6,2013, This time, I cannot unlock the  phone, only do a reset back into a locked state. I tried turning the phone off, but with it being locked I cannot.

The phone will go to sleep, but when I wake it, I cannot slide it open. Also I keep receiving old text messages, that I had received before leaving home.

Someone please help.

Oscar

Jan 10, 2014, started today having to reset/unlock twice, plus correct the date and time. hasn't locked for two hours. Phone type is NOKIA LUMIA 928.

Another issue I noticed is I took a bunch of pictures yesterday, before noticing that the date and time were incorrect. Also, not viewable instantly because not having a WiFi connection, and = the picture were in holding waiting to upload to skydrive. When I had a WiFi, they appeared to unload or attempted. I cannot find them on my phone or in SkyDrive.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's resolve this splashfish! PuraVida provided a great option. Did this resolve your concern. If not, please share which device you have so I may further assist.  You can also try removing/inserting the battery if applicable. Thank you.

TominqueBo_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport   

0 Likes
PuraVida
Enthusiast - Level 2

The Nokia Lumia 928 has a built in battery so the battery removal option is not possible.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey there Osssmon,

I hope that you are enjoying your travels overseas. Let's make sure your phone stays up and running. I appreciate you trying the soft reset, but I am sorry to hear that it did not resolve your concerns.

I would recommend a hard reset when you return to the US. The reason why I wouldn't do it while outside of the country is because after a hard reset you do have to reactivate the phone and it has to be done inside the Verizon Wireless network. Here are the steps for a hard reset,http://vz.to/1duhJEE.

NicholasB_VZW

0 Likes
AES2
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've been doing this a couple of times a week.  Sometimes it takes two or three volume+power button resets.  Last night was the end.  I've done that maybe ten times and the screen remains non-responsive.  Adding insult to injury I have to wait until 10:00 for a store to open to get a loaner to keep me in business until yet another replacement phone shows up tomorrow.

As posted earlier, the 928's battery cannot be removed.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

My! You've been through quite a bit with the phone, AES2!  Thanks so much for doing all of that. I'm guessing you have gotten the replacement activated at this point.

TamaraH_VZW

0 Likes