My phone was recently updated to 8.1. After the update, when text messages are sent when my phone is off, I no longer receive when my phone is turned on. Is there something in Settings that needs to be changed? I never had this problem before the updat
MetsFanGirl

My phone was recently updated to 8.1.  After the update, when text messages are sent when my phone is turned off, they no longer appear when I turn the phone on.  Is there something in Settings that needs to be changed?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: My phone was recently updated to 8.1. After the update, when text messages are sent when my phone is off, I no longer receive when my phone is turned on. Is there something in Settings that needs to be changed? I never had this problem before the u
efrainm_vzw
Verizon Employee

MetsFanGirl,

Help is here! The messages that don"t appear are they regular text messages or Imessages? Were these text messages sent out after the Software update or before?

JorgeO_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

Re: My phone was recently updated to 8.1.  After the update, when text messages are sent when my phone is off, I no longer receive when my phone is turned on.  Is there something in Settings that needs to be changed?  I never had this problem before the u
MetsFanGirl

The messages were sent out after the update. 

0 Likes
Re: My phone was recently updated to 8.1.  After the update, when text messages are sent when my phone is off, I no longer receive when my phone is turned on.  Is there something in Settings that needs to be changed?  I never had this problem before the u
lindseyt_vzw
Verizon Employee

MetsFanGirl,

Thanks for verifying. Are you having issues receiving both iMessages and standard text messages when they are sent when the phone is turned off? Try this and test... http://vz.to/1qjiOs7

LindseyT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: My phone was recently updated to 8.1. After the update, when text messages are sent when my phone is off, I no longer receive when my phone is turned on. Is there something in Settings that needs to be changed? I never had this problem before the u
op2388
Enthusiast - Level 3

Why would you direct a WP user to a page about an iOS device? They aren't even using the same software...

0 Likes
primortal
Master - Level 1

That's VZW Supprot for you...  Utterly clueless and useless.

primortal
Master - Level 1

MetsFanGirl wrote:

My phone was recently updated to 8.1.  After the update, when text messages are sent when my phone is turned off, they no longer appear when I turn the phone on.  Is there something in Settings that needs to be changed?

Have you done a soft reset?

Press and hold the power button and volume down button for about 10 seconds will do the trick; the phone should vibrate and reboot your phone.

0 Likes
MetsFanGirl

I tried this and it didn't work.  And obviously being directed to a site with iPhone information was no help either.  Windows phone, Verizon, WINDOWS phone!

0 Likes
primortal
Master - Level 1

Go to Settings and select notifications+actions and make sure Messaging is there.  Tap on Messaging and make sure it's On and that Show notification banners is checked.

Is quite time active? You'll see a moon icon at the top.  If so turn it off.

Last recourse is doing a hard reset.

0 Likes
MetsFanGirl

My Messaging notification was on and it wasn't on quiet time.  What's the hard reset?

0 Likes