Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
My sister tried to send me a short video tonight from her i phone 5 and it wont come thru to my windows phone. Is this normal?
VDOG

Can my Nokia Lumia 822 accept videos that are sent from an i phone 5?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: My sister tried to send me a short video tonight from her i phone 5 and it wont come thru to my windows phone. Is this normal?
B33
Sr. Leader

Well it all depends on Picture & File Size if the file size of the picture is to big it will get kick out the System it won't allow it). Try Taking a picture using Say 6 megapixle instead of 8 Something like Test using the different picture levels, ISO's, things like that and a Good Tool to use is  Google).  Google sending a Picture Via a text on iPhone to Windows phone.. Lots of times there will be Info from Apple that will help indicate the Correct level to set it to send Pictures..  Good Luck  b33 Smiley Happy

0 Likes
Re: My sister tried to send me a short video tonight from her i phone 5 and it wont come thru to my windows phone. Is this normal?
tikibar1
MVP MVP
MVP

In addition to the size of the file, it also depends on the format.  Do you know if the video was protected in some way?  It also could be in a format that your phone can't open.

0 Likes
Not applicable

As with the other great answers you have received, I have found that it is the file size when the sender tries to send to you and not on the receivers end.

I have tested this out via a 10, 20, 30 Second video and then sent to my other line or a friends phone.

If the compression limit is still high it comes back with an error. I have successfully sent videos under 30 seconds with no problems. Again the other poster is correct in the resolution which often times makes it hard to send or receive. However via email to my phone I have received large video files many that have been in a zip file format. I went and got a free app to unzip and I bought a paid app to open all types of video file formats and movie files. I have had no trouble since.

A video attached to a MMS is another matter, I have found the duration can be no longer than 15 seconds and the resolution has to be set very low.

0 Likes