My son & I have the Nokia lumia 822 because he researched it and wanted it. We are now both regretting the decision not to pay up for the superior apple iPhone 5c. The lumia 822 needs to be rebooted at least every 2-3 days; sometimes more frequently.
Vettech

We are not eligible for upgrades until next May and June.  My husband and daughter have different iPhones (4 & 5c).  Because the iPhone and windows phones can't share calendars between each other, I miss important things being added.  It is really a pain to have to peel off the otterbox case and snap out the battery on a regular basis to reboot the phones.  Does anyone know of a way we could get the iPhone 5c without having to pay for an upgrade?  Since the problems are inherent to the phone itself causing it to be defective, we think verizon should let us pick a better phone for replacement.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: My son & I have the Nokia lumia 822 because he researched it and wanted it. We are now both regretting the decision not to pay up for the superior apple iPhone 5c. The lumia 822 needs to be rebooted at least every 2-3 days; sometimes more frequently
msft_smartphone

If your upgrades are not until May 2015 and June 2015, then your 822 should be under the 1-year warranty for at least a few more weeks.  If that's the case, then visit your VZ store or call VZ and ask them for a replacement 822 phone.

I had the same situation last year after two months of having the 822.  Got another 822 and didn't have to deal with the reboots again.  I'm suspecting it's a hardware problem.  I compared the two phones' (bad and replacement) part numbers on the back when I took off the covers.  My current phone's part numbers located on the sides are: G012445V3.0 and G012445V4.0.  I don't have the bad phone's part numbers but I do recall it was a different and lower number.

This doesn't answer your question but hope this suggestion alleviates your 822 problem.

0 Likes
Re: My son & I have the Nokia lumia 822 because he researched it and wanted it.  We are now both regretting the decision not to pay up for the superior apple iPhone 5c.  The lumia 822 needs to be rebooted at least every 2-3 days; sometimes more frequently
primortal
Master - Level 1

Definitely faulty devices.  Windows Phone OS is pretty hearty and shouldn't need to be rebooted at all.

0 Likes
Re: My son & I have the Nokia lumia 822 because he researched it and wanted it.  We are now both regretting the decision not to pay up for the superior apple iPhone 5c.  The lumia 822 needs to be rebooted at least every 2-3 days; sometimes more frequently
liverdonor
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ditto what @primortal says - have had an 822 in grey for the nigh-on two years, no problems and my battery lasts for about 2 days of normal use without dying.

Unless you don't like the phone's GUI or the way Windows Phone OS works, maybe exchange for another one?

BTW - if any of you keep a calendar in Outlook on a PC, you can use it as a hub to sync with iPhones and your WinPhone.

0 Likes
Re: My son & I have the Nokia lumia 822 because he researched it and wanted it. We are now both regretting the decision not to pay up for the superior apple iPhone 5c. The lumia 822 needs to be rebooted at least every 2-3 days; sometimes more frequently
AlastorX50
Enthusiast - Level 2

You can join iPhone and windows phones calendars between each other with family room within the people hub.

Use Rooms and Groups | Windows Phone How-to (United States)

Enjoy the Lumia 822.

0 Likes