Need help with new defective cosmos2
mistymorning

I went to a Verizon store and was talked into upgrading to another phone a cosmos2 even though my old phone worked fine it was just that my 2 yr upgrade was overdue. Well the new phone drops calls constantly and gets no more than 2 bars, it gets very hot and the battery dies very quickly also a beep comes through the earpiece every 10 seconds or so and people say my voice is muffled. I went back to the store and was told to call warranty for a refurbushed replacement not even a new phone. Now after going to 4 different stores  and no matter how many times they do a master reset its not going to fix it. This phone was defective from day one. I have now reactivated my old phone again. Do I have to settle for a refurbushed phone after spending $90???

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Need help with new defective cosmos2
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

mistymorning wrote:

I went to a Verizon store and was talked into upgrading to another phone a cosmos2 even though my old phone worked fine it was just that my 2 yr upgrade was overdue. Well the new phone drops calls constantly and gets no more than 2 bars, it gets very hot and the battery dies very quickly also a beep comes through the earpiece every 10 seconds or so and people say my voice is muffled. I went back to the store and was told to call warranty for a refurbushed replacement not even a new phone. Now after going to 4 different stores  and no matter how many times they do a master reset its not going to fix it. This phone was defective from day one. I have now reactivated my old phone again. Do I have to settle for a refurbushed phone after spending $90???

You have 14 days to get a NEW replacement phone or to return the phone and revert back to your previous status.  Did these problems occur after 14 days?

You state you were "talked into" upgrading... although salesmen can be quite persuasive, ultimately, YOU made the decision to upgrade.  My husband has an old LG VX 5400 that he will use until it dies, and then use my old one that we kept until IT dies, because he likes it, it works, and he has no interest in a new phone at this point.  HE will decide when to upgrade....

And if it is more than 14 days, then yes, you do have to "settle" for a refurbished phone after spending $90 (for a phone that would normally cost $200 +)

0 Likes