New Nokia 928: touchscreen unresponsive
aforbes

Hi. My new Nokia 928 arrived today and the touchscreen is unresponsive. All I can do is get the "get started" button to appear, but the screen wont respond at all. I've tried a soft reset, but can't try a hard reset because you need the phone to first be oof and I can't turn it off (unless there is a way to turn it off without hitting the power button and then swiping down?) Any tips?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: New Nokia 928: touchscreen unresponsive
muneo
Enthusiast - Level 3

Its a common issue that has an easy fix...usually. 

Power button + Volume Down for about 20-30 seconds.  This will power down and power up your phone.  I havent really found a pattern to why the dead screen happens (its happened about 3-4 times in the past 5 months) but I turned down the display sensitivity from High to normal and that seem to calm it down a bit.  I also keep my screen clean from excessive oil and grime. 

Hope that helps

aforbes

Thanks. I had tried that though and it does nothing at all. What i really want to try is a hard shutdown, but first i think i need to turn the phone off and i dont know how to do that since i cant swipe down on the touchscreen.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Pressing and holding the power and volume down buttons together for 20-30 seconds worked when my screen became unresponsive.  It seems like a really long time to hold the buttons, but it did work to restart the phone.  Give it another try?

Once it restarted, it worked normally, until it froze again.

0 Likes
wc121212

ty aforbes.  This worked perfect on my phone.

0 Likes
Matrix98

I tried it. It worked for me to!!

0 Likes