New Nokia Lumia 930 and LG Windows Phone show up on WPBench
MadDogFL62
Contributor - Level 2

http://www.wpcentral.com/nokia-lumia-930-and-lg-w930-windows-phones-show-wpbench

Two new Windows Phones have appeared in the app WPBench, used for testing device speed and performance. The first is the Nokia Lumia 930, seemingly a variant of the Lumia 900 with perhaps updated specs or for different radio technology i.e. CDMA. This could also be similar to the Lumia "910" which some sites have reported as being a 900 but with a 12MP camera instead of 8MP.

...different radio technology like CDMA.  That would be nice and we all know how Verizon likes to have their own "special versions" of devices from the manufacturers.  Smiley Happy

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: New Nokia Lumia 930 and LG Windows Phone show up on WPBench
LE2Strat
Enthusiast - Level 3

Article has been updated. Those models were spoofed.

0 Likes
MadDogFL62
Contributor - Level 2

Jason - I like the "glass half full" version in the article.  While positioned as a "rumor", the article simply states that DeviceID can be modified.  No confirmation that it was! 

Still, until we can corroborate this information, file it under rumor. Pick up WPBench here in the Marketplace.

Update: And looks like WPBench is not as impervious to spoofs as thought. 1800PocketPC has demonstrated (but not disclosed), DeviceID data can be spoofed, once again. They will be contacting the dev about the vulnerability which means until a fix, DeviceID data should not be trusted from that app. Thanks, Argenys H., for the tip

0 Likes
ThisIsNiceStuff
Enthusiast - Level 3

Your blind optimism is motivating in a way, however I prefer to take my news with a grain of salt so my heart is not crushed.

I followed the Omnia II for around 6 months before it was released. Like all good things Verizon, it will take time.

0 Likes
LE2Strat
Enthusiast - Level 3

I like to think glass half full on things too, but with Verizon and WP7, they made last call and Verizon didn't hear it cause they were in the bathroom making out with Android.

bc3tech
Contributor - Level 2

Jason Carter wrote:

I like to think glass half full on things too, but with Verizon and WP7, they made last call and Verizon didn't hear it cause they were in the bathroom making out with Android.

best. analogy. ever.

0 Likes