New Share Everything Plan for Basic Phones
tech_support79

I have been with Verizon wireless (previously Alltel) for several years now.  I saw rate increase after rate increase.  Now they have done it again with the new Share Everything plan.  I have three basic phones and pay (after fees/taxes/hidden charges) about $95 a month.  When I use the plan calculator for the new Share Everything plan, it says my monthly bill will be $120 BEFORE fees/taxes/hidden charges. That's a 50% increase!  I do not use ANY data, but text under 250 texts a month.  The new plans are not a good deal for the basic phone customers. 

It seems that Verizon is trying to push everyone to get a smart phone by pricing the basic plans out of reach.  If they are concerned about data hogs, why are they punishing the loyal customers who just want basic cell phone services and NO data?!

My question is:  Why did you do this Verizon?  What gives?  I feel like I was just given the finger by my wireless provider.  When my contract runs out, I will be looking for a new provider.  I am already on the verge of just paying the cancellation fee and switching now.

I realize that I do not need to switch plans.   What bothers me, though, is that if Verizon really wanted to reward people for using less data, why do I get screwed for using ZERO data?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: New Share Everything Plan for Basic Phones
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

There is a basic phone share everything plan. Did the calculator give you that option?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: New Share Everything Plan for Basic Phones
tech_support79

I chose the basic phone option and selected the lowest option for text and data.  This is with the pay per text and pay per MB option for text and data.  It is NOT a good deal at all.

0 Likes