*New/recent issue* Low call volume on Lumia Icon
scotemi
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've look all up an down through various settings trying to figure out why my in-call sound volume is low. I can have everything cranked to the max and I still can barely hear the party on the other end. My phone did not have this problem when I initially got the phone, so I suspect it has something to do with a firmware update, or a fluke adjustment of some buried setting. Has anyone on here had any in-call low volume problems with their Nokia Lumia ICON? Media volume works great, and Bluetooth volume works well also. I do have Bluetooth turned on all the time, but that was never a problem in the past. This issue makes the phone feature of my device rather useless .

Thanks in advance to anyone that may provide a solution to this issue.

I have tryed lowering and raising the volume while in the call. I have restarted the device. This happened before receiving the the latest updates and firmware, including WP 8.1, but the issue still persists.

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated. This shortcoming is a major inconvenience.

Thanks,

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: *New/recent issue* Low call volume on Lumia Icon
Razz86
Enthusiast - Level 2

As far as I know the recent 02/12 is the only firmware update we've had on the Icon, so if it was doing it before that it shouldn't be the firmware. Silly question, but you say you have your blue tooth turned on all the time, have you tried turning the blue tooth off to see if it works that way? The only settings I know of are in the Audio section where the equalizer/enhancements are located.

0 Likes
scotemi
Enthusiast - Level 2

I misstated that I have Bluetooth on all the time.  I use Bluetooth and can hear calls fine.  I have also used a plugged in headset / ear buds fine.  This just seems to be a call volume issue with phone calls.

Thank you.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

scotemi,

In call volume is very important. We want you to be able to hear people when you speak to them. Do you have any cases or screen protectors on your device? If so do you still receive the low in call volume when they are removed? Did you download any new apps or change anything on the phone around the time this issue started?

LindseyT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
scotemi
Enthusiast - Level 2

My case doesn't cover the ear speaker and I don't have a screen protector on the device.  I can't recall any new aps or updates.  This started happening around the end of the December 2014 - early January 2015.  It occurred before the latest Windows 8.1 Denim OS update. I will try to clean the opening again with a small cloth or Q-tip.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

scotemi, thanks for those important details. Have you powered your device off/on since the issue started?

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes