New smartphone user. Help!!
stischer

I just got the Nokia Lumia 822 and it is my first smartphone. I am clueless as to data usage. I can't find anywhere where it tells me what uses data and what does not. For example, if I use the Microsoft app for Word am I charged data while using Word? If i listen to music from Nokia Music, am I charged data while listening to the music? If I download an app, such as a game, am I charged data while playing the game? I can't find anyone to explain to me what uses data and what does not. I don't do anything on my phone unless I am hooked to WiFi in fear that I will be charged data and go over my plan. Please help explain how this data stuff works and if I downloan an app am I still charged data for using it later????? Thank you. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: New smartphone user. Help!!
primortal
Master - Level 1

Welcome to the Lumia 822 family Smiley Happy

You can go to the Data Sense application and swipe to usage it will tell you what application is using data and if its over WiFi or Cellular.

Most of the games that have Live in the name is mostly going to use some data over cellular or wifi.  The description/requirements of the app on the store will tell you if it needs a data connection.

New smartphone user. Help!!
stischer

I went to the data sense application and the only options I can swipe to are "Overview" and "Usage". Where do I swipe to find applications? If I can do that that would solve my problems.

0 Likes
primortal
Master - Level 1

Sorry meant swipe to Usage where it will show the applications that are currently using data; won't show applications that haven't requested any data.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Stischer, welcome to the world of smartphones! I can understand your state of bewilderment and paralysis. It is not uncommon. As your wireless provider you pay for and deserve world class service. We have a great service that helps new smartphone user get used to and understand their phones. I would recommend attending one of our wireless work shops to get many of your questions answered. Get more information regarding our wireless workshop right here: http://vz.to/YtDo9T .^SP

0 Likes