No Windows Phone?
ericb223
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well, could this be the end of our quest?

http://www.dailymobile.net/2012/10/16/daily-mobile-exclusive-wp8-phones-could-be-delayed-or-even-can...

I think I'm going to look into AT&T's pricing now.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: No Windows Phone?
hopmedic
Contributor - Level 3

I don't know this source, so I don't know if this is reliable or if it is more FUD.  I'd wait and see if any of the bigger outlets come out with similar stories, because if it is true, they will.

0 Likes
dj_Flanigan

I will be heading to AT&T if verizon does not carry the windows 8 phone

0 Likes
dilberttech

I have been waiting for months for the Windows Phone 8 to come out and will be greatly disappointed in Verizon if they don't have a Windows Phone 8 the first week of November.  My contract is up so I might look at AT&T as well. 

Verizon get your act together or lose customers.

0 Likes
ericb223
Enthusiast - Level 2

What has me concerned that this rumor might be accurate is the fact that this late in the year, Verizon has not officially announced ANY Windows phone for 2012. So it's not just a matter of getting a Nokia device. Where are the HTC or Samsung phones? And 69 days until Christmas? I know that spokespeople for Verizon said that there would be multiple Windows phones available in the 4th quarter of this year, however, they haven't said anything since that announcement. It seems hard for me to believe that Verizon has been asked by Microsoft to hold off on announcing anything whatsoever so that AT&T and T-Mobile can have the first crack. It's becoming more and more likely that Verizon just isn't bullish on Windows phones and is much more inclined to promote what has been successful for them in the past - droids and the new iPhone.

I'm beginning to look at it this way. What's most important to me in a cell phone? A really versatile operating system and a powerful, sleek phone that can do the daily tasks that I need it to do. And Nokia has the device I'm looking for. I just have to accept the switch to AT&T. I can't believe that AT&T's networks are really that much worse than Verizon's - enough to keep as all from jumping ship.

Tidbits
Legend

ericb223 wrote:

What has me concerned that this rumor might be accurate is the fact that this late in the year, Verizon has not officially announced ANY Windows phone for 2012. So it's not just a matter of getting a Nokia device. Where are the HTC or Samsung phones? And 69 days until Christmas? I know that spokespeople for Verizon said that there would be multiple Windows phones available in the 4th quarter of this year, however, they haven't said anything since that announcement. It seems hard for me to believe that Verizon has been asked by Microsoft to hold off on announcing anything whatsoever so that AT&T and T-Mobile can have the first crack. It's becoming more and more likely that Verizon just isn't bullish on Windows phones and is much more inclined to promote what has been successful for them in the past - droids and the new iPhone.

I'm beginning to look at it this way. What's most important to me in a cell phone? A really versatile operating system and a powerful, sleek phone that can do the daily tasks that I need it to do. And Nokia has the device I'm looking for. I just have to accept the switch to AT&T. I can't believe that AT&T's networks are really that much worse than Verizon's - enough to keep as all from jumping ship.

Verizon rarely advertises phones early.  Sometimes you are more than likely going to hear about a device 1-2 weeks before they release them.  For example everyone knows the Note 2 is coming to Verizon.  Verizon hasn't said a peep.  2 weeks prior to getting the iPhone Verizon didn't say a thing then a preorder happened.  The only time I remember a lot of fanfair happened was when they released the Droid RAZR but that was a month in advance when they started.  So it's hard to say if they will have on this year as there is 2 1/2 months left in the year.

Where I live I'd be lucky to get 1 bar in 1/2 the places I travel.  T-Mobile fairs a lot better, and Sprint is on par with Verizon(but I would never go there.  Gave my reasons in other threads).  You best bet it to milk those 14 days to find out if they work or not.  There should NEVER be any "loyalty" when it comes to services.  Use what gives you the best coverage for what you are willing to pay for.

primortal
Master - Level 1

Verizon phones are required to to be able to be accessed remotely for provisioning purposes and such.

Strange that MS removed this functionality from WP8 being it must have been in WP7.  Or this is a completely new requirement for new phones on VZW network.

Side note this is a little troublesome that VZW needs this type of access on a phone.  I would like to know why they need to remotely connect to a phone that dialing *228 cannot fix.

0 Likes
ericb223
Enthusiast - Level 2

Good point about the lack of advertising by Verizon. I actually do believe that there will be Windows 8 phone on Verizon. I'm just not convinced at this point that it will happen this year. I'm not sure it's worth waiting several more months simply to stay with Verizon.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The LTE devices don't use *228 to program the device to the Verizon Wireless network. It is done through the SIM card.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
OutlawFirebird1
Enthusiast - Level 3

hmm, weird,  yeah im woundering about the link  credibility,  Have not seen this anywere else, sure if it was true it would be on wpcentral, and engadget. Another thing is that a 8x has gone through the fcc with  cdma and lte, same as what verizon uses, and also an nokia 822, might have also gone through the fcc. also does not mention were or who this source is comming from.

0 Likes