Re: No Windows Phone?
hopmedic
Contributor - Level 3

There are exceptions to Verizon's anti-consumer, tight-lipped attitude, though.  On 1/11/11, they announced the iPhone 4 to be launched on 2/10/11, 30 days in advance.

Conversely, on 5/19/11, they announced the Trophy's existence - FINALLY - despite all of the evidence, photographic and otherwise, that had been out for six months, (not to mention the fact that I'd told a Verizon exec assistant in several phone calls that it was coming two months prior and she had no idea), and they announced that it would be released on 5/26/11 - a WHOLE 7 days in advance.

I guess you have to either be a woolen being wanting a device with a fruit that has a rotten piece fallen from it on the back of the device, or a lime green robot who likes their location to be tracked for Verizon to give you some kind of notice of what is to come.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

hopmedic wrote:

There are exceptions to Verizon's anti-consumer, tight-lipped attitude, though.  On 1/11/11, they announced the iPhone 4 to be launched on 2/10/11, 30 days in advance.

Actually, Apple made this announcement.

0 Likes
hopmedic
Contributor - Level 3

rcschnoor wrote:

hopmedic wrote:

Hmmm.... Mashable's live blog seems to indicate otherwise.  The way I read it, Lowell McAdam was on the stage alone when the announcement was made, at a Verizon event, prior to his introducing Tim Cook to the audience.

http://mashable.com/2011/01/11/verizon-iphone-launch/

0 Likes
ericb223
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yeah, I do realize that the link I posted could be inaccurate (I certainly hope it is). But I also think that it's not entirely far-fetched to think that Verizon might be delayed in their release of a Windows Phone. If that is indeed the case, then we all have to make a decision on how long to wait. I'm starting to lean towards switching to AT&T. I've enjoyed my service at Verizon but life must go on.

0 Likes
JAStark27

Honestly I'm so tired of all these rumors going around. I want to hear out of a Verizon head man/woman when your coming out with the devices. If your not state that. The waiting game is just making Verizon look really bad. Bad press is not good press when the consumer has options.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

hopmedic wrote:

rcschnoor wrote:

hopmedic wrote:

Hmmm.... Mashable's live blog seems to indicate otherwise.  The way I read it, Lowell McAdam was on the stage alone when the announcement was made, at a Verizon event, prior to his introducing Tim Cook to the audience.

http://mashable.com/2011/01/11/verizon-iphone-launch/

I hope you know...  Apple paid for that from what I have heard.  Motorola paid for theirs for the RAZR.  If MS is willing to pay for the Press then Verizon will be there if asked to be.  Don't quote me on it, but from as long as I remember Verizon doesn't hold press releases for a phone unless the manufacturer pushes for one and pays for it.

0 Likes
OutlawFirebird1
Enthusiast - Level 3

well, windows 8 is just around the corner, we should know by the end of the month, or at the beginning of november, most of the rumored dates surrounding wp8 devices were the beginning of november.  we will know shortly.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Windows 8 RT

Windows 8

Windows 8 Pro

are going to be out 29th of this month.  There are already preorders going on for it.

So I wouldn't doubt WP8 phones and Tablets are not too far off from that date.

0 Likes
JAStark27

well technically the surface comes out the 26th so tablets will be out with windows 8 only thing I think we would be waiting on would be wp8 phones to be released and I would think we would have most dates announced that day as well. Unless your Verizon then expect the dates announced a month later.

0 Likes
primortal
Master - Level 1

Microsoft is announcing WP8 on 10/29 so we will see if VZW participates or not.

0 Likes