No longer connecting to wifi
MeepNoToes

My phone recently no longer connects to my home wifi or any other wifi.  I had it automatically set it up use the house's wifi.  It hasn't been an issue for over a year.  Any thoughts? 

I'm told that it can't make a connection to the wifi.  I tried deleted the network and reentering it without luck.

Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: No longer connecting to wifi
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you tried rebooting your router/home wi-fi connection?  Has anything changed on that end?

If the phone won't connect to any wi-fi, check to see that your wi-fi is enabled, and check your other network settings (I use LTE/CDMA, not Global)

0 Likes
primortal
Master - Level 1

Too add to SuzyQ, does this still happen after rebooting the phone?

0 Likes
MeepNoToes

It connected after I removed the battery and restarted the phone but not by just turning it off/in. If I leave my WiFi range, I have to take the battery out again.

Nothing has changed here that I am aware of. I did reboot my wireless to see if that would help. I can't hook up to the WiFi at work either without the battery trick.

My tablet and husband's phone have no problem connecting.

I think my phone did an automatic software upgrade late last week. Could that be causing the issue?

Sent from my Windows Phone

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey there MeepNoToes,

Let's get you back up and running. I know connecting to WiFi is the best way to manage your data usage and I am confident that we can get this resolved.

Thanks for all that you have already done.  Which Windows phone are you using? I'll take a closer look at what is going on that could be causing this issue.

NicholasB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
MeepNoToes

Hi,

Thanks. I have a Nokia Lumia 822. I did a software update late last week and that's when the problem started.

Sent from my Windows Phone

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Dear MeepNoToes,

Thanks for providing us with additonal information. I have verified this is not a known issues with the Nokia Lumia 822. Allow us to get to the bottom of your wifi connection. Have you tried removing all third party applications and then testing the device? Also, since this did start after a sofware update, I would suggest to back up all of your information and then do a hard reset. To learn how to do a hard reset on your phone click http://vz.to/15MnUFD If you are still experiencing difficulities after the hard reset, please feel free to reach out to us for further assistance. Have a great day!

Thank You,
MichelleS_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes