No sound during calls; handset mode
erickprime2

When on a call I get no sound from the speaker you put on your ear. Speaker phone option works, so does blue tooth. Even plugging in headphones work. This phone is only a few months old. It wasn't a problem until recently. At first it was just intermittent, but now it flat out doesn't work. I read online to clean out the headphone jack, and I also read to do a factory reset. I've done both and nothing works. It's almost as if the there are two speakers and one of them is blown out. I heard this was a big issue with the 920. Anyone else experience this? I'm planning on going to the Verizon store on my lunch break, I'm hoping they'll just swap it out for a new one.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: No sound during calls; handset mode
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

If they determine it is a warranty claim. The refurbished phone will sent to your address and you will need to send the bad phone back.

They don't complete warranty swaps in store.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
erickprime2

Correct, they did not help me in-store. They did however put notes in my account so I didn't have to re-do all the trouble-shooting all over again. I should be getting my replacement phone in a couple of days. Until then I have to limp along and either use speaker phone or blue tooth. Just as reference for anyone out there have the same problem, I suggest you try doing the same trouble-shooting steps I did in my original post. Just get them out of the way, it's helped other people in the past and the techs at Verizon will be making you go through them if you can't prove they haven't been done yet. Here's to hoping my replacement phone is not a lemon.

0 Likes
rog63

I had the same problem. My phone is in the silcone case. If I take it out of the case, I do not have that problem.

0 Likes