Nokia 822 False Update?
justinother

Two days ago my phone asked if I wanted to install an update (the same way it did when Amber became available)

I was not on wifi but had full battery and decent signal, so I figured "why not?". The phone went through the usual

update stuff, downloading, installing, spinning gears etc...then rebooted. Since then most of my non-factory apps

fail to start. I had assumed this was the "black" update, I was wrong apparently. My phone still says it's "running"

Amber. I am very curious as to what exactly happened? Has anyone else experienced this? I have searched the internet

with no results. Something new, a few apps had updates today and seem to function just fine after that. Very odd indeed.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Nokia 822 False Update?
herbm
Enthusiast - Level 2

Appears to be a firmware update

See the thread at

https://community.verizonwireless.com/message/1046100#1046100

0 Likes
Re: Nokia 822 False Update?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello justinother,

Thank you for sharing your wireless concern. We want to make sure that you have the accurate software and not have to worry about a false update. May I ask what software version do you have now? If you can share then we can check for accuracy. Have you completed a factory reset to get the native apps working? If you can share the status of your device then we can assist.

Thank you...

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes