Nokia 920 officially exclusive to ATT for 6 months!!!
scotchxx
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thats it. Im done with Verizon. If I am going to stick with the OS that I like, Windows, then I must be on the carrier that actually cares to get the best phone. I am not waiting another 6 to 7 months for Verizon to maybe pick up the 920. By then, ATT will probably start hinting at a new phone that is even better and of course, exclusive to them.

I am officially done with Verizon. When pre-orders are available for the 920 for ATT soon, I am switching. Screw Verizon. They are only going to cater to Android and Iphone. They obviously dont give much of a damn about Windows platform.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Nokia 920 officially exclusive to ATT for 6 months!!!
Tidbits
Legend

Have fun at AT&T Smiley Happy Hope everything works out for you with the 920 and service.

0 Likes
_yankees_
Contributor - Level 3

6 months is just way too long to wait. However according to WPcentral they said

The other tidbit we learned was that AT&T has a six-month exclusive on the Lumia 920—so any hope of another carrier getting it should be dashed. But as we’ve seen from Nokia, their strategy is to deliver specially configured devices for carrier partners. So while the Lumia 920 is exclusive to AT&T, the Nokia Lumia 9xx is not and should give hope to those on other carriers. Thanks to our source for the info...

Perhaps a 9xx for Verizon?

0 Likes
soangry
Enthusiast - Level 2

Wishful thinking more like. No point to signing an exclusive deal if they are just going to take the same pbone, toss in one extra feature and change the name. Thats a waste of money for at&t. This news is a dagger in the heart for nokia on verizon. Didnt want to move, but i will. Ive been on every carrier and at&t in my opinion blows verizon out of the water as far as customer service. They dont carry the smug attitude verizon employees do. It will cost me a little more but ill have what i want at least.

0 Likes
hopmedic
Contributor - Level 3

Well, after hearing of ATT's exclusivity a couple weeks ago, I was angry, and as a stockholder, I started screaming for Stephen Elop's resignation.  About 8 hours later, I was deleting tweets and posts, and calming down, and starting to try to calm other people down, and try to convince people to wait and see what would come our way.

Given the fact that I can get one of Verizon's 371 LTE markets at home, but would have to drive for about an hour to be in one of ATT's 65 LTE markets, and the fact that I have excellent coverage nearly everywhere I typically travel, vs having good coverage in most of the places I typically travel, and no coverage in some of them, the odds are pretty well against me switching to ATT.

Being that I'm a Nokia stockholder, the odds are pretty good that I'm not going to buy another company's device, too, unless it is a really killer device.  Especially since the features that I want are the camera from the 920, and the resolution of the 920 (or roughly thereabouts).  I like the wireless charging, but that's not a deal breaker.  I'm thinking I'm going to want a device with the NFC, though.  I can see some real positive things coming from that.  But the camera is the biggest thing.  If it can't meet or beat the camera in the 920, I'm not buying it.  Which basically means that for at least the time being, I'm going to hang on to my Trophy, it looks like.

But back to that stockholder thing.  My initial gut reaction on hearing of ATT exclusivity was wanting Elop's head on a platter.  But I calmed down.  My wife likes to say, "vengeance is best served cold."  She's right.  It is.  So now that I've calmed down, I know that the best approach is to wait and see.  But not to wait forever.  I will wait to see if a device that is equivalent to, or greater than, the 920, comes to Verizon.  By the first week of December.  If not by then, I will again be calling for the resignation of Stephen Elop.

I see it like this.  I believed in the company enough to invest in it.  But if he is going to make agreements that are going to block more than half of America from obtaining the phones, he doesn't deserve to sit in the corner office.  If I can't buy a phone from the company that I am an owner of, he can't sit in the chair that I own a part of.  Oh, I'll be calling for his resignation again, should a phone, equivalent to or better than the 920 not be on Verizon by the first week of December, but this time my calls won't be from rash, unplanned, gut reaction.  They will be from calm, planned-out, rational thought.

I think that is fair.  He is hereby warned.

0 Likes