Nokia 928 Voice Navigation/GPS/Here Maps and Drive
CBCia
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have Nokia 928. Since the Windows 8.1 Upgrade Nokia HERE Drive disappeared from the Aps store. I found here that Drive is now intertwined with HERE Maps. So I downloaded that as well as offline maps. I clicked on Voice Navigation. I get the options of Waze or Here Drive. I click Here Drive. It takes me to some Russian(?) application. I have tried Waze, GPSNavigation, GPSCopilot, Google Maps, here maps............nothing works for Voice navigation gps suddenly. They all give me my current location and step by step directions, but as soon as I start driving they lose my location, tell me to turn around (or have me going in a different direction), freeze, etc. I drive alot and to a lot of places I don't know so suddenly not having a GPS voice navigation that works is really....irritating. The point of Voice navigation is so I don't have to look at my phone when driving, but suddenly that is not an option. I called Verizon and they contacted Nokia who stated that it must be the applications since they haven't had any other complaints. I've emailed Nokia, Microsoft, and Verizon. Is is possible that I have the only inept Nokia phone?    Is there a way to fix this or do I need to get another phone? My dad has Nokia 822 and Here Drive is still on his phone and still works perfectly fine. For some reason it disappeared after the upgrades on my phone.  Has anyone else had this issue, or know how to fix it? I have uninstalled, reinstalled, hard reset, soft reset..... I don't know what else to do.  Smiley SadSmiley Sad

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Nokia 928 Voice Navigation/GPS/Here Maps and Drive
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

CBCia

Let’s get you pointed towards the right direction CBCia. I can only image how irritating it must be to not be able to locate yourself while driving. We want you to feel safe on the road with a great sense of direction.  When did you complete the software update ?  Have you tried using a different application for GPSIng?  Here to help.

YareliM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: Re: Nokia 928 Voice Navigation/GPS/Here Maps and Drive
CBCia
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you for your reply.

I contacted HERE application as well as Nokia. Apparently there is an issue between Nokia and Microsoft and they are not putting out any more HERE applications until they resolve this. That being said, I have tried 4 other voice navigation applications. So far GPSCopilot is the only one that kind of works, meaning it will work at times and have no GPS signal all of a sudden or just won't find the GPS at all. I can use MAPS and find a step by step direction, but of course that defeats the purpose of using an application that allows me to keep my eyes on the road and not reading directions. I drive for a living and am constantly having to find businesses, homes, etc. It is very frustrating not having a reliable GPS on my phone. Before blaming the applications, I have had friends with other phones and platforms use the same applications and while mine suddenly loses GPS, theirs are still working just find, so I know it's not the applications. I don't know if I need a replacement phone or if it's the Microsoft windows platform that is messing up. I have the Nokia 928. I've had to replae this phone before for other issues as well. I am not sure if  it's the Nokia phone issue itself or a Windows platform issue. Regardless, I need a phone with reliable GPS. If it is an issue with this phone/platform itself then I guess I need a replacement. (?) Is there a way to get someone to troubleshoot this phone? I have done a hard reset, soft reset, reinstalled applications, etc. None of the typical troubleshooting has resolved the issue at all.

R/

Marcia

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

CBCia,

We certainly can understand needing to have a phone with reliable signal to get you where you need to go. It sounds like you have done quite a bit of troubleshooting already, so we don't want you having to process steps unnecessarily. You mentioned you have done a hard reset already, what steps did you take for the hard reset? Also, are you seeing any other apps having issues or is it only GPS related apps that you see a problem?

SandyS_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

CBCia
Enthusiast - Level 2

I went into setting and did the "reset my phone" process. It seems to only be GPS related applications. For instance, even though my location services are ON, when I search for something on Cortana or even try to Check in places online I get results from completely different states/locations, unless I specify the city and state. When using GPS or Maps, it will start out correctly, then freeze, spin in circles and tell me to turn around over and over, or just not register where I am at all. The "Location" symbol does appear on the top the screen, though. Sometimes if I turn the phone off then back on it will find me, but it's a short term fix. I'm looking at going to a different phone. This is frustrating because I have Nokia stocks and want to support them, but I really need a  phone. with reliable GPS. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I rely heavily on my phone for its GPS features so I can definitely understand your concern regarding this matter CBCia. How long have you had your current device? If the issue is happening within Nokia and Microsoft at this time the basic trouble shooting steps which seem to have been completed already is about all that we can try as it sounds like a software issue.

CandiceH_VZW

0 Likes