Nokia 928 Wifi Connection Problems
Candrwhite

On my Lumia 928, whenever I leave a WiFi enabled area that I have previously connected to, the phone disconnects as it should.  However, when I return to that same wifi area, the phone can no longer connect to the WiFi.  I have turned off WiFi and Re-Enabled it.  I have deleted the connection and tried re-entering the password.

This happens in every WiFi area, not just one.  The only time I can "sometimes" get it to work, is if I turn on Airplane mode, then go back and turn on WiFi alone.  If it connects to WiFi, then I can go and turn off Airplane Mode and the WiFi will stay connected as long as I am in range of the WiFi router.  When I leave and come back, it starts all over again.

The started happening within the last month.  Before that, I had no issues with the WiFi.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Rick.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Nokia 928 Wifi Connection Problems
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Dear Candwhite,

Good afternoon. I understand the importance of ensuring you can connect to wi-fi without any issues. Especially if it's used to help manage your data usage.

As I was looking at the wi-fi settings on the Nokia 928, it looks like you would need to manually connect to wi-fi, when your in a hotspot. Are you trying to have your phone auto connect to wifi automatically or is the issue that your phone will not connect to any wifi at all? Was your phone at one time able to auto connect to wifi then stopped? Any certain error message your getting? Before you delete and readd the connection, have you tried simply powering the phone off then back on?

Thank You,
MichelleS_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes
Candrwhite

Thanks for the reply.  Until about a month ago, I had a remembered connection to my WiFi at home, and at work.  When I would come and go from home to work, it would re-connect automatically when I reached either of those destinations. 

Now, it does not automatically re-connect  AND when I try to connect, type in my passwords (which have not changed) it says that the phone cannot reach the WiFi access point.  I have connected other devices to my access point, using the same passwords just to make sure it wasn't both WiFi devices causing the problem.  Once in a while, I can get it to reconnect if I turn ON Airplane  mode, then manually turn on WiFi, and connect to the access point.

I wouldn't swear to it, but it seems to have stopped working around the time my phone last did an update.

Thanks

Rick.

0 Likes
MarkNeyrinck

Hello

Having the SAME EXACT issue and it DID start following the new UPDATE.  Same afternoon. 

Connected with no issue and switched WI-FI access points at the simple touch of the screen BEFORE the update.

Now,   will not connect regardless of power off or resets and asks for Wi_Fi password each time.

Passwords have NOT been changed and all other devices connect without issue. 

Only the Nokia 928 now has issues.   From time to time after RESETS, not power down,  it will connect if all other Wi-Fi connections are removed from the list,

What has been done to our phones?   We cannot be the only ones with this problem.

0 Likes
offbeatbop

Having a similar issue. My home wifi connection isn't being stored. I have to re-enter the password to connect everytime I come home. I can't speak on whether the Amber update did this or not because I just got the phone. I hope it gets fixed because it's extremely annoying.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the info, Candrwhite! Its truly appreciated. The software update would have reached your phone around August 15th. Just to confirm can you provide what software version is currently running on the device? I have provided some general troubleshooting steps. Please perform and test. Keep me posted.

• Reboot the Lumia 928 and your router. Press and hold the volume down and power key for ten seconds.

• Go to Wi-Fi > Advanced on your Lumia 928 and then press and hold on the network you’re trying to connect to and delete it. Now try rebooting both your phone and the router and set it up fresh.

• Make sure that your router has the latest firmware (check with your ISP). Beyond this there are various router settings you can look at, such as changing the channel or mode, making sure mac filter is off, or setting a static IP address.

YosefT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know how important it is to have a convenient WiFi connection, MarkNeyrinck. Does the trouble only seem to happen on your home WiFi, or other WiFi connections too? What type of router are you using at home? Have you had an opportunity to delete the network using the steps Yosef suggested to Candrwhite? We are here to help make sure your phone is getting connected.

Thank you
JenniferH_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi offbeatbop,

Let's look into this! Please advise your current software version:http://vz.to/19It82Q ?  I look forward  to hearing from you soon.

Thanks for your contribution to our community forums,

AyaniB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
offbeatbop

Hi,

The firmware revision number is 3045.0000.1328.2046

radio software version is 2.0.092066.3

On Sun, Sep 15, 2013 at 6:53 PM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes
Candrwhite

OS Version - 8.0.10327.77

Radio Version - 2.0.092066.3

Again, The problem isn't just one WiFi Radio.  It's ALL of them.  If this were just one radio, I would understand it possibly being my WiFi AP. 

Thanks,

Rick.

0 Likes