Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nokia 928 receives texts but won't display them
IDescribe

2 weeks ago everything was great. I put phone on airplane mode for 2 weeks while offshore. Wi-fi only. Got back into port yesterday. I have great signal. I turned off airplane mode. I can make calls. BUT when I send or receive texts, they don't show up in a thread in my standard text messaging app that came with the phone. To be clear, if I choose a pre-existing text thread and send a text, the text vanishes instead of appearing in the thread. Then the intended recipient receives it normally. If someone sends me a text, if I am looking at my homepage (with the tiles/icons) I get my text notification and a banner appears at top of screen showing the first few words of the text, so I know I have received the text, but when I open the messenger, the text isn't there. This has been going on for 24 hours now. The only text I've received that have actually displayed in the messenger are the two I got from Verizon when I set up this account to ask this question.

Any advice?

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: Nokia 928 receives texts but won't display them
JMackieSr

I have received one text message from Facebook when I did a password reset request but no others since I got the phone and four different people have sent me several texts that I never received at all.  No notification that I have a new text message, nothing.  This phone does not even have a indicator light like my driod has when I get a email of text or missed call...  Maybe the HTC is a better windows phone?

I am going to Verizon tonight after work and if they cannot resolve it I am replacing the Nokia Lumia 928.

0 Likes
Re: Nokia 928 receives texts but won't display them
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hey IDescribe!

How bizarre. But, you need not worry any longer as we'll be sure to get those phantom texts back in your messaging bucket.

Now, I'd like to thank you for the great details so we can already scratch off a couple of steps. The first thing I would do, since you just arrived back on land is to remove/reinsert the SIM card for at least 60 seconds so as to refresh your device with the network. When that is complete, please delete out all of your text message threads. And finally, to test, please send a text to yourself. Keep us in the loop on how this works.

EvanO_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes