Nokia Black Update for Lumia 928?
CrimsonO2
Enthusiast - Level 3

Verizon was one of the fastest carriers, if not the fastest, to approve the GDR2 rollout to it's Lumia line.  When can we expect the GDR3/Lumia Black update to come to our Lumia devices?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Nokia Black Update for Lumia 928?
primortal
Master - Level 1

Nokia just started to release the update world wide.  Keep an eye on this site, http://www.nokia.com/global/support/software-update/wp8-software-update/availability-in-north-americ...  It will tell you when via the Lumia Black Update column when it says Available for the 928 or 822.

0 Likes
CrimsonO2
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks for the link primortal.  I figured that would be the case.  Since it released for the other devices on 12/19 though, I figured I would see some response from Verizon at this point.  The site seems to imply that it's in Verizon's court to approve/deny Lumia Black/GDR3 Update at this juncture.

0 Likes
gb755cs
Enthusiast - Level 3

Is there a way that I can get the black update myself?  I have already installed the "Preview for Developers" app on my phone and have paid the $19 annual fee for individual developers and I already have GDR3 installed on my Lumia 928. 

0 Likes
primortal
Master - Level 1

There is no way to get the firmware update we have to wait on Nokia and VZW.

It looks like the released Black for the 925 on AT&T so it seems the US has started getting its updates.

0 Likes
vertburton

GDR3 is out for the Lumia 928!  It's weird though, I installed it and it said it's done and migrated data(took about 20 miin) but when I look at info and extra's it still says I have Amber and I don't see the new features!!

0 Likes
muneo
Enthusiast - Level 3

Sadly, it wasnt Lumia Black.  I think it was just an update to the latest GDR2 version in preparation for the GDR3/Black update. Hopefully the real update will be coming soon.  What a C-tease

0 Likes
gb755cs
Enthusiast - Level 3

Have you tried restarting your phone.

Sent from my Windows Phone

0 Likes
Nokia Black Update for Lumia 928?
vertburton

Yes, multiple times.

0 Likes
MadDogFL62
Contributor - Level 2

"Lumia Black will roll out to most handsets by end of January

It's January 29th VERIZON, better get your act together quick.

http://wmpoweruser.com/lumia-black-will-roll-out-to-most-handsets-by-end-of-january/

0 Likes