Nokia Lumia 822 Available for Pre-Order at Best Buy
ericb223
Enthusiast - Level 2

The subject says it all. I just went into my local Best Buy and pre-ordered the phone. The ETA according to their computer system is indeed November 11th. I will receive an e-mail and a phone call once it is ready for pickup. You can't pre-order it online.

One downside, they did confirm that I will lose my unlimited data. They said that this will occur with all upgraded Verizon phones.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Nokia Lumia 822 Available for Pre-Order at Best Buy
yogithesloth
Enthusiast - Level 2

thats awesome news, also weird though as to why verizon hasnt announced anything if the phone is coming out on november 11th, I think they may be going for a silent release, like the HTC Trophy, where they don't tell anyone really and just kind of let it die and make people think android is better because its in higher demand.

Alexvrb
Contributor - Level 1

I hope they at least have working demo units at as many places as possible. A dummy unit doesn't convey Windows Phone very well to those unfamiliar with it. Also, sales personnel that are at least somewhat familiar with Windows Phone would be a nice plus.

At least we're getting more than a single device this time. But I'm holding out for a more premium WP8 device, myself. I skipped WP7 entirely, and not because of the OS. I'd be perfectly happy with 7.x right now, even if I had to hang onto it for a while. The HTC Trophy did not appeal to me, and Verizon never got one of the better WP7.x devices.

0 Likes
SainOlaf
Enthusiast - Level 3

Actually I talked to Verizon on several occaissions VIA online chat and 1-800-922-0204. I was told be several Verizon people that you can upgrade another phone on your account on a differnt line and then switch that phone to the line with Unlimited data and you will keep unlimited data. I was also told by some Verizon employees that it is not true. Regardless, I saved the chats and recorded the conversations. So.. If I lose my unlimited data I am going to return the phone within their 14 day return policy, I will then go to ATT and sue **** Verizon for duping customers into signing a 2year contract with wrong sales information.

I found it very odd that some Verizon employees are joyfully giving out tips to keep your unlimted data plan and get a new phone and other ones shoot down your hopes imediatly. Well see what happens.

**** << Comment deleted for language >>

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

j371971
Enthusiast - Level 1

SainOlaf,  I just called about the very same thing and it was verified that you in fact can do that.  I was about to purchase the Lumia 822 at full price, and i have an upgrade on a non data line.  Thanks for posting your concerns it saved me a lot of money.

0 Likes
SainOlaf
Enthusiast - Level 3

Call again j371971 and you will probably hear something different. Anyways... one of my other conerns is that regardless of which phone you upgrade, you are forced to go to the family data share plans which would kill the unlimited data anways. I know this because I have done mock upgrade scenarios online and every time it has forced me to get rid of my unlimited data, even when I did it on another phone on my account. Is upgrading online different from doing it in the store or over the phone?

Everytime I talk to them I hear something different which makes me want to leave Verizon just for the Principle.

But I will give Verizon one more chance un this upgrade thing. I just heard the Nokia 822 will be out on 11/8. I will upgrade my non data line, activate that phone, and then activate that phone again on my Unlimited data line. They told me you must activate it on the non data line first or it will make you get rid of unlimited data. Dont worry, you can always remove the data plan from the non data line once you activate the non data phone again.. say that 3 times fast.

I went into an ATT store today so I am ready to leave verizon if I have to.

0 Likes
ericb223
Enthusiast - Level 2

Originally, Best Buy's website stated that Windows Phones were only available in the store. Now they have them online:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchpage.jsp?_dyncharset=ISO-8859-1&id=pcat17071&type=page&ks=960&st=W...

However, you can see that none of the Verizon phones are currently available. I was able to reserve in-store a week ago. I'm waiting from a call from Best Buy telling me my phone is ready for pickup. That is expected to occur this Sunday. Again, the salesperson at Best Buy told me that Verizon requires that phone upgrades coincide with a switch from the unlimited data plan. I decided not to let that stop me from ordering the phone.

0 Likes