Nokia Lumia 822 wifi connection issue
Heathermbw

I purchased a Nokia Lumia 822 a little over a week ago.  I love the telephone, except that I am unable to connect to my home wifi.  Does anyone have any ideas or experienced the same issue?  Since we have a limited amount of data now, I want to be able to tie into the wifi to use that as much as possible.  We have the home router secured by a WEP Key, if that makes a difference?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Nokia Lumia 822 wifi connection issue
primortal
Master - Level 1

What type of router do you have?  I have no problems with my Netgear WNDR4500.

0 Likes
Heathermbw

I found that we had to change the password on our router from a WEP key to a WPA, and simplify it.  This cleared up the issue.  The phone could not handle the encrypted passcode from the WEP key. 

0 Likes
primortal
Master - Level 1

WPA is a much more secure method than WEP.  Should have caught that on your first post.

0 Likes
LABleakley

Heather, I have the same problem - how did you switch from a WEP to WPA?

0 Likes
Jeremy240sx
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just had the same problem!!! anyways unplugged/plugged in my router and got onto the internet on my laptop to make sure it was not the wireless router. Everytime I switched the wifi "On/Off" slide to "On" it would switch it back to "Off" 5 sec later and wouldnt let me connect to my home wifi. So I noticed my battery was at 50% no big deal right?? wrong! I had changed my darn battery saver settings to "now until next charge" so i guess it kept turning the wifi off. i put battery saver on "when battery is low." I dont know. Anyways it works cherry now Smiley Happy. posted in case someone ran into same problem.

-jeremy

bjorncstringham
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks,

Jeremy240sx, I would have never figured it out. Now my network connection is working great. This should be posted at the top. I would have never known but I kept reading till I got to yours post and that was my problem. Smiley Happy

0 Likes
bjorncstringham
Enthusiast - Level 1

Try what Jeremy240sx suggest first before trying anything else.

0 Likes
cryptokid15

My problem is having a 63 character complex alpha/numeric password for my home wi-fi network. I get about 50 characters in and the phone says the password is incorrect or that it can't connect. The phone should wait until I touch done before it kicks me out. Simple passwords of 63 characters work fine. I don't want to dumb down the password for the Lumia 822 when my iPhone and laptop are connected to the network just fine and have been for a long time.

Apparently Nokia isn't all that concerned about security.

0 Likes