Nokia Lumia 928 LTE frequencies in abroad.
dasundeeptha
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hello everyone..,

This is my first post, so please forgive me for my mistakes..

This may seems little bit odd, but I didn't get a clear answer yet.

We all know that Verizon use 4(1700/2100), 13(700) for LTE bands.  But when we go to abroad we get 1(2100), 3(1800), 7(2600), 8(900), 20(800) LTE bands(specially 3(1800)) as stated as international regulations.

In specifications Lumia 928 indicates all these frequencies. But I have seen many people say that they can't use LTE in 928 when they are in abroad.

Can any of you please tell me why Lumia 928 doesn't  support  LTE  out of the country..? I heard some say Verizon has blocked those frequencies and has to unlock them. But I don't know how to do it or even whether it's true.

I'm hoping to move to UK soon,  So if any of you can please tell me how can I use LTE in 928 when I'm in UK..? I'm having a Unlocked 928 at the moment.

I really appreciate your help. I'm really lost at the moment, Actually I don't have any clue. So please help me.

Thanks...

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Nokia Lumia 928 LTE frequencies in abroad.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Sorry for any confusion with the last response here dasundeeptha. We want to make sure we get you the most accurate information regarding the phone and technologies. I was able to review the specifications for the Lumia 928. It does show that it supports GSM 1800Mhz. If that is the same network as the LTE 3(1800), then the phone should be able to work there for you. As described in the unlock policy link, although the phone is unlocked, it doesn't necessarily mean that all features will work the same in the UK as they do here in the US. It is typically best to buy a phone from the local carrier to ensure all your features work correctly while you are there.

NicoleB_VZW Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Staying connected while you are traveling is always important dasundeeptha. Moving to the UK sounds like an awesome adventure for you. We want to ensure you have a phone that works while you are there. If you are looking to keep your Verizon SIM card activated, the phone will work. We have several plan options available for you. You can find the details on our international plans here: http://vz.to/1I1CCdH. This phone also does come unlocked to be able to use with a local carrier. You would need to acquire a SIM card from the carrier in the UK in order for the phone to work with their network. Please check out this link about our device unlock policy and disclaimers: http://vz.to/1KxCD73.

NicoleB_VZW Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

dasundeeptha
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks a lot for sending me all these details. But I will have to stay for a while in UK, so I'm thinking about switching to a UK carrier. And I think I miss my point with all the details that I put on the question.

I just want to know whether the Lumia 928 will support LTE 3(1800) bandwidth in UK..?

If you can help me with it, I really appreciate you.

Thanks...

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Sorry for any confusion with the last response here dasundeeptha. We want to make sure we get you the most accurate information regarding the phone and technologies. I was able to review the specifications for the Lumia 928. It does show that it supports GSM 1800Mhz. If that is the same network as the LTE 3(1800), then the phone should be able to work there for you. As described in the unlock policy link, although the phone is unlocked, it doesn't necessarily mean that all features will work the same in the UK as they do here in the US. It is typically best to buy a phone from the local carrier to ensure all your features work correctly while you are there.

0 Likes
dasundeeptha
Enthusiast - Level 1

I completely agree with you for buying a new phone. But this phone is one of the best I have used. So it's hard to make the mind to buy a new one. But thank you for your answer. I appreciate it very much.

0 Likes
dasundeeptha
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi..

I found that GSM 1800 is different from LTE 3(1800). So I think I'm still stuck with no answer. If you can please ask from your technical devision about this.

I just want to know whether the Lumia 928 will support LTE 3(1800) bandwidth in UK..?

That's all I want to know.. If you can please help me with this.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

According to the specifications on the Microsoft website, it doesn't support any other LTE bands besides the band 13 (700MHz). You can use it on the GSM frequencies for HSPA speeds.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/mobile/phone/lumia928/specifications/

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
dasundeeptha
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes, I saw that, But everywhere else indicates that it has all international frequencies. I use internet a lot for my work, so that's why I keep asking this. I really want to clear this for my self..

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Some additional information in '928 AWS Enabled?'

https://community.verizonwireless.com/thread/817173

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

0 Likes