Nokia Lumia 928 - Screen Freezes & Green Screen of Death occurs regularly
GarbageMan
Enthusiast - Level 2

Screen Freezes & Green Screen of Death occurs regularly. Not sure if this is hardware or software related. Does anyone have any fixes (other than continuous soft reboots) when either of these two items occur? They both happen several times per day with no particular pattern of use noted. At this point, I would highly recommend that folks not purchase a Windows Nokia phone. Very unstable.

Labels (1)
Re: Nokia Lumia 928 - Screen Freezes & Green Screen of Death occurs regularly
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

I've had both of these happen to me, though not daily.  Restarting the phone or removing and reinserting the SIM  card seemed to remedy it for several days at least, for me.  I do not know of another way of resolving the issues.

I have no idea what cause this to happen; some have said using the Glance feature or the Double tap to wake up the phone were possible causes for the screen freeze.  The green screen?  Random, as far as I can tell.  Thankfully it's only happened twice - otherwise the camera is awesome!

GarbageMan
Enthusiast - Level 2

I proceeded to the Verizon Chat option for help in resolving the unsatisifactory phone performance. The "Chat" person had me do a "factory reset". The phone froze. Now I am waiting for a replacement phone. The email seems to indicate Verizon is not sending me a new phone. Verizon is sending me a "Certified Like New Replacement Device" in other words a used refurbished phone of some sort. I am not very excited about waiting to get a used replacement phone. At this point I would not refer to this phone as "awesome". I would advise people to stay away from this phone. I had no such problems with the Apple. At this point I am sorry i gave the Nokia a try.

B33
Legend

If you would like Trying to do a Hard Reset again which could possibly free up the Issue here is the Link and a few other links for info as well.. Good Luck and Welcome to Forums.. b33

http://www.nokia.com/us-en/support/product/lumia928/

http://support.verizonwireless.com/support/devices/knowledge_base.html/79290 <  Reset Link..

http://www.nokia.com/us-en/phones/phone/lumia928/specifications/ < Specs on the phone.

0 Likes
GarbageMan
Enthusiast - Level 2

I received the "Certified Like New Replacement Device" today. Spent some time reactivating it and restoring it back to the state it was in when it crashed. The "Certified Like New Replacement Device" seems to be working. Stay tuned. I hope it keeps working.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Hey that sound Good G.M. we'll keep our fingers crossed for ya.Smiley Happy b

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello GarbageMan,

Thank you for keeping us posted on your replacement device. I'm glad to see that it's working out for you. If you have any questions or concerns about your device or service then we are here to help.

Thank you...

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
johnmessihajames
Enthusiast - Level 1

I feel your pain. I am travelling and my phone can't be restored. Bill Gates should be ashamed of the pain we suffer because of his company's products. I must pay for leaving the proven beaten path (Apple/Samsung).